• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess where I've been?

107 posts in this topic

You get 3 clues (sorry about the image size).

Clue 1

Ian_Levine_047.jpg

A nice lower grade Action 1. No mould here!

Clue 2

Ian_Levine_060.jpg

Two copies of the Fat and Slat Joke Book.

Clue 3

Ian_Levine_056.jpg

Buzzy 1-69 and 71-77.

More tomorrow when I've had a chance to sort through.

Hmmm.. let's see...

The Library of Congress? No, their collection doesn't extend back that far...

Metropolis Comics? No, I don't see any wheels in motion...

Ian Levine's house? Ah, that must be it!

You luck boll weevil, you..!

Now, that Action 1 not being in a Mylar, that's kinda scary...!?!

Ian, when does the collection go 'on the road' as a traveling exhibit? Do I have to fly 5,000 miles to see it in person???

Now, that Action 1 not being in a Mylar, that's kinda scary...!?!

It's in a Mylite from Bill Cole, with three boards behind it.

Pity the photos look so yellow. It certainly doesn't do the Action 1 justice.

He hasn't posted any of the best photos yet. The ones he took four hours to set up. I wish he would.

You get 3 clues (sorry about the image size).

Is there no way to fix the photos so they fill the screen all at once, and you dont have to make huge sweeping movements from side to side to see each segment ???

If you can't fix it, then the shot you spent four hours on will be wasted.

I can't WAIT to see it.

The board members will all be fascinated I'm sure - even Darth.

Is there no way to fix the photos so they fill the screen all at once, and you dont have to make huge sweeping movements from side to side to see each segment ???

Undoubtedly, but it's not really my domain. I do have a photo imaging package on the machine at work, so I'll have a look when I'm there tomorrow. I've weeded the 150 odd photos down to the 32 clearest and just have to find half a dozen odd to post.

That action number 1 made me drool all over my keyboard. I freaked out when I saw SuperMan #1 at mega Con.....if I had seen Action number 1, I would of pissed myself.

I bet you that 893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif893whatthe.gifdishonest ebayers are gonna use that image now on thier fake auctions smile.gif

That action number 1 made me drool all over my keyboard.

Well at least it hasn't got a huge great chunk out of it where the actual No1 is, and it hasn't got green mold and moss growing all over it, and it hasn't got brown foxing all over it, like a certain CGC graded 2.5 copy that we've all seen recently.

That action number 1 made me drool all over my keyboard. I freaked out when I saw SuperMan #1 at mega Con.....if I had seen Action number 1, I would of pissed myself.

I bet you that 893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif893whatthe.gifdishonest ebayers are gonna use that image now on thier fake auctions smile.gif

I wish you hadn't said that about the fake auctions. I'll leave everything up for a week maybe, then kill the links.

If the Action 1 got you drooling, how does this grab you?

Ian_Levine_066.jpg

If the Action 1 got you drooling, how does this grab you ??

Well done Gary. Looks great.

There are 26 comics there (25 authentic originals and one mock-up)

Who can identify all 26 ???? (without looking any up in Gerber !!!!)

Lets see who gets them all first.

That's one impressive pic. If you saw that lineup at a 'Con, you'd stop in your tracks. Seeing it in someone's home is far more impressive. I won't take a stab at guessing them all now, but that one 'modern' book next to WW # 1 must be the "Birthday" giveaway or whatever it's called?

I'd like to see a close-up of that one, simply 'cause I suspect I may never see another one in my lifetime...

Bah.........some collection..........no Tec' 27..........

But I do have one - but it's being restored. Gary wanted to take a photo today, and it's not here right now.

But there's no other DC key missing.

Who's gonna be the first to identify all 26 ????

Bah.........some collection..........no Tec' 27..........

Unfortunately both copies were out. Maybe next time (be sure to include an Astonishing Tales 25 just for you)?