• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USM #54 (Possible Spoiler Alert)

6 posts in this topic

I normally really like this title (except for the Geldoff arc) and, while Bendis's dialogue was pretty good, I couldn't help but get over that it was such an obvious gimmick and promotion of the new Spidey movie. There were a couple times that I was shocked that this made it to print.

This was Part 1 of ??? parts. My guess is that the arc will end in July. Just in time to hit during Spidey 2. The villain to be in "USM Spidey Movie" is.....yep, you guessed it! Doc Oc. (Although, I did chuckle when they announced that "Tobey Maguire, star of 'Seabiscuit'" was slated to play Spidey).

I read it yesterday, and it's still not sitting right with me. I'm not going to drop the title because of it, but it was a pretty lame effort by Marvel. And, I expect better from Bendis (I'd guess that Marvel told him to work the movie in somehow).

mad.gif

Dropped USM after being a huge fan for years at issue #52....couldn't stand the slow-slow pace,the mundane covers and the plain lack of inspiration anymore...

Cool one-liners and smart character revamps don't cut it anymore sleeping.gif

This was by far not the best issue, but even on a bad day USM is better than 1/2 of the other [!@#%^&^] on the racks. Go and look back af previous issues and I'll bet you'll find that the 1st issue in each new arc was the weakest of nearly every arc. Even issue #1 didn't blow me away. I wish it had - I would have run back to the store and bought every white cover on the shelf! smile.gif

The best part of the plot is usually when Pete is out of the costume and when he has to deal with the things going on in his personal life, and it looks like this arc will be no exception with Aunt May out of town.

FYI - This is a 5-part arc.