• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good example of Boards community spirit?

171 posts in this topic

OK, I'm missing what's wrong here...

Pietro told Vernon that he could have the book?

Vernon contacted the seller explaining that?

Vernon got the book.

Yes, Vernon should PM Pietro back and say thanks, or post it publically in the thread...

Is that all, or am I mis-understanding what happened? (shrug)

Basically, what I think is wrong is somebody telling them they've done something against the rules when they haven't and once he was kind enough to give up the book that was rightfully his, the other guy didn't even have the decency to reply. Not just, he didn't say thank you....... he didn't say anything.

Hi all, yes I'm Pietro as you all may have guessed, and yes Garry has pretty much hit the nail on head. Garry and I are good friends and I told him what had happened and it's very kind of him to stick up for me in this way, thanks mate. I really didn't want any hassle or bad feeling over this. I told the other member that he could have the book and I am fine with how it all ended. No need to cause any fuss but thanks all for the support.

He has since Pm'd me with a thanks (thumbs u

Where are the rules for giving away free books?

This is for the seller to decide.

I would have ignored the second claimer were I the first.

If the second claimer wants to take it up with the seller, fine.

At the end of the day the seller/giver awayer can tell them all to F-Off and keep it if they're causing too much trouble.

Heck, it's been 6 years and I still don't know how to post the "I'll take it" icon.

Hi all, yes I'm Pietro as you all may have guessed, and yes Garry has pretty much hit the nail on head. Garry and I are good friends and I told him what had happened and it's very kind of him to stick up for me in this way, thanks mate. I really didn't want any hassle or bad feeling over this. I told the other member that he could have the book and I am fine with how it all ended. No need to cause any fuss but thanks all for the support.

Great attitude! This is so meaningless in the greater scheme of things... it's nice to see someone with the right perspective :applause:

OK, I'm missing what's wrong here...

Pietro told Vernon that he could have the book?

Vernon contacted the seller explaining that?

Vernon got the book.

Yes, Vernon should PM Pietro back and say thanks, or post it publically in the thread...

Is that all, or am I mis-understanding what happened? (shrug)

That is correct except for the key missing prologue:

Vernon sleaze-lied to Pietro by saying it violates rules to post :takeit: without citing the book. I know of no rule for that.

If the seller is aware of this they should inform Vernon the book is going to Pietro as he fulfilled the forum rules.

Great attitude! This is so meaningless in the greater scheme of things... it's nice to see someone with the right perspective :applause:

Telling somebody they've done something wrong when they haven't so you can get a free book for yourself is meaningless?

He has since Pm'd me with a thanks (thumbs u

A right gentleman you is! Unlike someone else.

Firstly telling someone that posting :takeit: without quoting the book is against the rules, isn't correct.

Right, as long as the message is linked back to the book in question, there should be no issue.

The problem comes when someone quick-posts a pile of :takeit: to different message links than the books being sold, then edits the message body to the book they want to buy. That's definitely against standard selling procedures and I'd support anyone negating that type of "scattershot then edit" buying.

So just click on the name/link of the original message and that will decide who is right and who is wrong.

Firstly telling someone that posting :takeit: without quoting the book is against the rules, isn't correct.

Right, as long as the message is linked back to the book in question, there should be no issue.

The problem comes when someone quick-posts a pile of :takeit: to different message links than the books being sold, then edits the message body to the book they want to buy. That's definitely against standard selling procedures and I'd support anyone negating that type of "scattershot then edit" buying.

So just click on the name/link of the original message and that will decide who is right and who is wrong.

The response links to the book.

Telling somebody they've done something wrong when they haven't so you can get a free book for yourself is meaningless?

In the greater scheme of things, with all of the larger problems in the world? Absolutely. :sumo:

The response links to the book.

Then there is no issue, as take-it or not, the only base requirement is that your "I Wanna Buy" post/image/whatever links back to the book you want to buy and you posted first.

In the greater scheme of things, with all of the larger problems in the world? Absolutely. :sumo:

We're not talking about the rest of the world, we're talking about this community.

The larger problems of the world are rife with origins consisting of very thin wedges.