• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good example of Boards community spirit?

171 posts in this topic

Gary, I'll send you a rare graded Joe Hill book too(really rare-it actually was going to go in my next "sales" thread-Cheryl you get the other one :popcorn: ), when my next shipment arrives from CGC. I'm sorry this happened and it really discourages me from continuing doing my "free" thing now. I just want to give, with no strings, especially during this time of the year, but not be "lawyered" about it after. :(

Basically, I want to know if other board members think this is a really, really poor way for an established board member to treat another? Or am I just over reacting?

to be honest, both.

while the person who ended up with the book acted pretty sad, it is also over reacting to make threads like these (I know this wont go over well).

Bill, I know in this case it is confusing but there are two members here whose name begin with "gaz". The offended party did not start this thread. A different gaz did. Just wanted to be sure you got that. :)

Gary, I'll send you a rare graded Joe Hill book too(really rare-it actually was going to go in my next "sales" thread-Cheryl you get the other one :popcorn: ), when my next shipment arrives from CGC. I'm sorry this happened and it really discourages me from continuing doing my "free" thing now. I just want to give, with no strings, especially during this time of the year, but not be "lawyered" about it after. :(

One rotten apple shouldn't spoil the whole bunch.

This is the bummer part. This was done in good faith.

Dan

I want to hear from the rotten apple... :popcorn:

Seriously? Why? So we can carry on in this thread for another ten pages?

Let me reiterate...

As far as the three of us are concerned, this was resolved amicably YESTERDAY. Gary will receive a book he is very happy with. There really isn't anything else to discuss here.

Jerel You are the man as always (worship) but honestly you don't have to do that, I just hope you don't let all this get in the way of your generous ways over here at CGC. You really are a shining light on these boards and in the world at general.