• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good example of Boards community spirit?

171 posts in this topic

Gary, I'll send you a rare graded Joe Hill book too(really rare-it actually was going to go in my next "sales" thread-Cheryl you get the other one :popcorn: ), when my next shipment arrives from CGC. I'm sorry this happened and it really discourages me from continuing doing my "free" thing now. I just want to give, with no strings, especially during this time of the year, but not be "lawyered" about it after. :(

You rang?

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

It certainly makes life easier for everyone if you quote the book ur buying particularly when the seller is posting many books at a quicksilver rate, while drinking.

Not that that happens......

Holy Carp - where have you been?

I want to hear from the rotten apple... :popcorn:

Apparently, he's fermenting.

He's been fermenting a long time - the largest puss-filled peenus left on the boards.

I posted the :takeit: first, there must have been a server/internet problem and my post didn't register....

OK, now my brain really hurts, there are two "gaz"es? you have to be kidding me. is this a british thing?

OK, now my brain really hurts, there are two "gaz"es? you have to be kidding me. is this a british thing?

And I think both are named Gary (Gaz973 is spelled Garry). Maybe Gaz is short for Gary?

In the post listing the book, the seller (if that's the right word when talking about a free book) stated "First :takeit: WINS).

So if a seller lists 100 books in a single post, and I reply with 20 :takeit: with no specific book listed, I get first pick of the top 20 at any time?

Sorry, but that's dead wrong and I don't see how anyone would support this behavior.

In the post listing the book, the seller (if that's the right word when talking about a free book) stated "First :takeit: WINS).

So if a seller lists 100 books in a single post, and I reply with 20 :takeit: with no specific book listed, I get first pick of the top 20 at any time?

Sorry, but that's dead wrong and I don't see how anyone would support this behavior.

You are missing the specifics of this thread.

There was only one book left to be taken. It was free and obvious that Gaz posted :takeit: before Divad. It's clear as day that the free book in question was taken by Gaz earlier than Divad.

Now, in other situations where there are a lot of books still for sale and someone posts :takeit: without listing the book (which could be many) then it's confusing and wouldn't make sense.

In this particular situation it was very obvious which book was being taken.

Make sense?

Every post has a time stamp on it. Should'nt be a problem to see who posted first.

But you can quickly post a :takeit: then run back later and edit it, which is what some people were doing in some past sales threads. And what caused a discussion whereby the message linkage would be used to determine who actually "won".

It might be a good idea to ask Arch to disable the ability to edit without leaving a paper trail in the Marketplace?

There was only one book left to be taken. It was free and obvious that Gaz posted :takeit: before Divad. It's clear as day that the free book in question was taken by Gaz earlier than Divad.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was the *very last* book left, and it would have been nice for the OP to illustrate the specifics in his post - not all of us live on the boards, ya know.

not all of us live on the boards, ya know.

With over 33,000 posts...are you sure? lol

But I've been posting since '02 - check out some real addicts in the Top Posters list and then check out their start dates. :o

But I've been posting since '02 - check out some real addicts in the Top Posters list and then check out their start dates. :o

Yeah, but that total doesn't include the posts from your comic_investor id either.

Yeah, but that total doesn't include the posts from your comic_investor id either.

Your encycolpedic knowledge never ceases to amaze me sir :applause:

Your encycolpedic knowledge never ceases to amaze me sir :applause:

Everybody knew that.

Some of us just don't need the attention.

:insane: