• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post office fail....

108 posts in this topic

Five minutes are up....

We have a winner!!!!

Dice nailed it. The book is still a solid NM-. Bought from a boardie that knew what the he was doing when it came to shipping funny books. (worship)

Book was in a bag/board, in a mylar, between cardboard and packaged with newspaper and plenty of packing peanuts. Not a spec of moisture got to the book (although you could see where it got to the cardboard) and was not touched by any of the dents/dings.

8z.jpg

Five minutes are up....

We have a winner!!!!

Dice nailed it. The book is still a solid NM-. Bought from a boardie that knew what the he was doing when it came to shipping funny books. (worship)

Book was in a bag/board, in a mylar, between cardboard and packaged with newspaper and plenty of packing peanuts. Not a spec of moisture got to the book (although you could see where it got to the cardboard) and was not touched by any of the dents/dings.

8z.jpg

:applause:

gotta love secure packing!

Five minutes are up....

We have a winner!!!!

Dice nailed it.

I must protest. All guesses except mine are forfeit. Guesses without quoting the original post are generally considered against forum rules.

I am the only one to quote your post along with my guess. Hence, mine is the closest valid guess (and I didn't even go over!) ^^

I spent way to much time looking at the pics of the box. As bad as it looks, it was possible for a book to come out of there unscathed with bomb proof packing.

I always wonder how packages get mangled like that. That looks like alot more than just tossing it around in a truck. Looks like someone took and ax to the side of it. Glad it survived thought really. (worship)

DR.X

Well if Nick/Bosco sent it to you the package would make it just fine. :banana:

Don't be to sure my friend. My last package from Nick was in this truck.

Sorry Nick, I couldn't pass this up. Too funny :roflmao:

IMG_0001.jpg

:mad:

Last time I trust you not to toss a smoke bomb into a government vehicle.

:cry:

I always wonder how packages get mangled like that.

I had a postal worker deliver mail during a snow storm, and while he was taking everything out of the truck he dropped it into a large slush pool. Then he casually inserted each piece of mail into its appropriate box like nothing happened.

One neighbor saw it happen, and 12 of us went to the post office to complain due to mail damage.

:ohnoez:

In case you guys missed this...

We have a winner!!!!

Dice nailed it. The book is still a solid NM-.

:whee:

I witnessed many a thread where you stated " I'd nail it". Is this the same thing. I'm confused.

DR.X