• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Junky CGC comic sells for a buck fiffy ?

43 posts in this topic

I won this book (Bronze) on eBay along with another that was 13.00 (Silver) He had shipping at 11.00 but wouldnt combine shipping so I was stuck with shipping of 22.00. Both arrived in a Priority Box for 10.70.

I am curious how you would handle feedback in this situation.

David

I won this book (Bronze) on eBay along with another that was 13.00 (Silver) He had shipping at 11.00 but wouldnt combine shipping so I was stuck with shipping of 22.00. Both arrived in a Priority Box for 10.70.

David

I would consider opening a case with Paypal or eBay. Saying he wouldn't combine shipping, then double charging you before combining shipping anyway is dishonest. I would also think hard about negative feedback, but would wait until the cases were resolved.

David

I wouldn't hammer him on feedback but would hammer him on stars for shipping.

Last person (and only person) I had do that to me, I paid separately a couple days apart and gave them two different addresses. When the pudknocker sent them both to the same address, I filed a Paypal complaint and Paypal refunded the money.

David

I'd hit him with negative feedback...sorry.

If he doesn't combine shipping then DON'T COMBINE SHIPPING. Two books in one box is COMBINED shipping.

I had a seller pull that BS on me and I told him if I pay for separate shipping the books better arrive in separate boxes. :sumo:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last person (and only person) I had do that to me, I paid separately a couple days apart and gave them two different addresses. When the pudknocker sent them both to the same address, I filed a Paypal complaint and Paypal refunded the money.

I am on a plane laughing out loud as I read this. Haven't heard the term pudknocker for a long time.

When you say 'he wouldn't combine shipping', do you mean that you asked him to and he refused? (...i.e., as opposed to the ebay auto-system not letting you combine shipping.) Just curious...

I would send him a message stating that you will be opening a case with Paypal/E-Bay and see what he does. If he returns the overcharge for shipping, then adjust your feed back accordingly. If he doesn't, then see what Paypal/E-Bay will do and neg him to death.

Also, you may have some other recourse if the purchases were covered by E-Bay's buyer protection plan.

David

First: GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO FIX IT. Now that I've got your attention...not every seller ships their own stuff, and this may just have been overlooked. At least give him a chance to say "ah, shoot, that was just an oversight. Let me refund you. Sorry."

If you get ANY other answer besides that, then nail them to the wall. Neg, 1 star across the board (which REALLY hurts now), file a dispute.