• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XENOZOIC

35 posts in this topic

Just got my copy of XENOZOIC. I've read through about 25% so far including the Death Rattle story. GREAT stuff!!! Mark Schultz is very underrated. Great art in these stories. 350+ pages of Cadillac and Dinosaur goodness! Can't wait to read the rest this weekend!

Just got my copy of XENOZOIC. I've read through about 25% so far including the Death Rattle story. GREAT stuff!!! Mark Schultz is very underrated. Great art in these stories. 350+ pages of Cadillac and Dinosaur goodness! Can't wait to read the rest this weekend!

Can't wait to get mine Friday from DCBS!

There are 20 stories in the Table of Contents. Given the 14 Xenozoic Tales issues and the Death Rattle #8 issue, I would suspect the additional 5 stories are the backup's... (shrug)

I'm really loving this series. I need to chase down the animated cartoons too.

I agree!

I just wish someone had taken the time to start a thread about this series to discuss this amazing material and have folks show some of their books.

Oh wait - the search function is your friend - even on the second page of the Copper Age forum

:baiting:

There are 20 stories in the Table of Contents. Given the 14 Xenozoic Tales issues and the Death Rattle #8 issue, I would suspect the additional 5 stories are the backup's... (shrug)

Some of the main and backup stories I have captured in my registry summary:

--------------------------------------------

Xenozoic Tales #8:

In "In the Dreamtime," Jack and Hannah are tasked with driving out to a local construction crew that is building a road to the local copper mine. Upon arrival, they discover the land does not take kindly to having its minerals removed.

In "Foul Weather," thieves discover that treasures of the past are not always worth the trouble as Jack tracks them down.

Xenozoic Tales #13:

In "Dangerous Grounds," Jack learns about the treacherous ways of the Wasson court when he is forced to deal with Hannah's former lover. He also learns more about the mystery of the body used to fool his old tribe he is dead.

In "Boiling Point," old technology is brought to life to build hope for a local tribe. Unfortunately, a resistnce movement infiltrates the team meant to prove this solution's worth.

Xenozoic Tales #14:

In "Another Swarm," Wasson politics leads to odd bedfellows - including creatures of the land. But Jack learns of the plot and foils the plans of their leader.

In "The Family Business," The City in the Sea has changed drastically with the departure of Jack. Even local poachers learn their old ways will not work going forward if they are to make a living.

Any of these captured in the collected works?

I agree!

I just wish someone had taken the time to start a thread about this series to discuss this amazing material and have folks show some of their books.

Oh wait - the search function is your friend - even on the second page of the Copper Age forum

cartman-1.jpg

I agree!

Yeh, that post wasn't about me just getting my copy of XENOZOIC in and how much I'm enjoying reading it...trouble with reading comprehension much Bosco? :baiting:

Need to change your handle to The Boscapo...post nazi

Xenozoic Tales #8:

In "In the Dreamtime," Jack and Hannah are tasked with driving out to a local construction crew that is building a road to the local copper mine. Upon arrival, they discover the land does not take kindly to having its minerals removed.

Xenozoic Tales #13:

In "Dangerous Grounds," Jack learns about the treacherous ways of the Wasson court when he is forced to deal with Hannah's former lover. He also learns more about the mystery of the body used to fool his old tribe he is dead.

Xenozoic Tales #14:

In "Another Swarm," Wasson politics leads to odd bedfellows - including creatures of the land. But Jack learns of the plot and foils the plans of their leader.

Any of these captured in the collected works?

Just these...

Here's the complete table of contents...

Jack and Hannah

An Archipelago of Stone

The Opportunists

Law of The Land

Rogue

Xenozoic!

Mammoth Pitfall!

The Rules of the Game

Benefactor

History Lesson

Excursion

Foundling

Green Air

The Growing Pool

In the Dreamtime

Last Link in the Chain

Lords of the Earth

Primevil

Two Cities

Dangerous Grounds

Another Swarm

Jack and Hannah

An Archipelago of Stone

The Opportunists

Law of The Land

Rogue

Xenozoic!

Mammoth Pitfall!

The Rules of the Game

Benefactor

History Lesson

Excursion

Foundling

Green Air

The Growing Pool

In the Dreamtime

Last Link in the Chain

Lords of the Earth

Primevil

Two Cities

Dangerous Grounds

Another Swarm

"Boiling Point" and "Family Business" were two of the backup stories, and it looks like they were not included.

Interesting.

"Boiling Point" and "Family Business" were two of the backup stories, and it looks like they were not included.

Interesting.

Well, here's hoping for VOLUME 2. Looks like they left out the second story from the books you asked about, so maybe he's planning on a volume 2 to include those an the other stuff that is left out... (shrug):wishluck:

I just finished the Xenozoic book. This is my first exposure to the series and I love it, but if I'm understanding you, then there's no conclusion to the story, just backups remaining to be collected?

I just finished the Xenozoic book. This is my first exposure to the series and I love it, but if I'm understanding you, then there's no conclusion to the story, just backups remaining to be collected?

Unfortunately, Schultz never completed the series after issue #14. It is a real shame, as it has an interesting storyline that I would love to see more of.