• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-responsive eBay seller...what would you do?

63 posts in this topic

I'm inclined to give a neutral or negative for not answering any of my questions. But I'd like to know what others think before doing anything.

Normally I would never bid on something when the seller doesn't answer you but in this case the comic is so hard to find and not overly expensive so I took a chance.

Why would you leave negative or even neutral feedback?

You had the opportunity not to bid when he didn't respond the first time, but chose to bid anyway. Plus, he shipped it how he stated in the auction.

If it really irks you, ding his communication DSR because of the lack of communication after you won, not for prior to auction ending. There is no requirement for sellers to respond to questions about their auctions, although it likely results in lower sales.

There is too few NEGs given out on E-Bay. They guy doesn't respond to 2 e-mails and disregards your shipping instructions and thats NOT negative? What about that is positive or even neutral? Being ignored while someone is pocketing your money is negative and feedback should reflect that. I know everytime I had to give out a NEG I couldn't help but wonder how they got as far as they did without more NEGs because some of these sellers are scammers. Not disclosing things, misleading pics, etc.

UPDATE:

The comic arrived safely and was well packaged. He knew how to sandwich the comic between two pieces of cardboard.

The comic looks like the scans and is 100% complete. The condition is more like a VG- than VG+ as he states in his auction but considering the book...I'll see what happens when I sub to CGC.

Bottom line is I am not going to leave any negative feedback. It shipped fast, arrived on time, was well packed and looks good. I'll accept that something was up and he didn't answer my emails.

I have his phone number on the receipt so I am going to call on Monday to thank him for the fast shipping and let him know about the missed emails. I'd like to buy more in the future and would appreciate responses if we are to do biz together. I think that is fair.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Marc

Why would you leave negative or even neutral feedback?

You had the opportunity not to bid when he didn't respond the first time, but chose to bid anyway. Plus, he shipped it how he stated in the auction.

If it really irks you, ding his communication DSR because of the lack of communication after you won, not for prior to auction ending. There is no requirement for sellers to respond to questions about their auctions, although it likely results in lower sales.

I agree 100 percent

UPDATE:

The comic arrived safely and was well packaged. He knew how to sandwich the comic between two pieces of cardboard.

The comic looks like the scans and is 100% complete. The condition is more like a VG- than VG+ as he states in his auction but considering the book...I'll see what happens when I sub to CGC.

Bottom line is I am not going to leave any negative feedback. It shipped fast, arrived on time, was well packed and looks good. I'll accept that something was up and he didn't answer my emails.

I have his phone number on the receipt so I am going to call on Monday to thank him for the fast shipping and let him know about the missed emails. I'd like to buy more in the future and would appreciate responses if we are to do biz together. I think that is fair.

Marc

All this hoopla and no negs.

What a let down. :cry:

Well it's not too hard to find the auction in question from the info provided

Didn't they answer your question in the description? hm

Sorry I missed your question and thanks!

He did pretty much already state it was unrestored complete and VG+. Doesn;t mean I believe him. :grin:

I tend to ask again on some things such as being complete and such to have a paper trail in case something happens but being in the ad is tantamount.

I'm a bit OCD on my purchases. I had a very big Internet deal go bad a year ago and it took months to get close to 8 grand back. Since then...I am a bit of a nervous nelly and I ask questions. But, I'm not some kind of annoying ebayer...just one or two emails to make me feel more comfortable.

In this case, it was a bit of an unknown but not a big ticket item so I decided to take a chance on the book without communication.

It ended well. Sorry DiceX...no negs. :acclaim:

UPDATE:

Marc

All this hoopla and no negs.

What a let down. :cry:

:sorry:

I was ready for an old fashioned, steel toe boot stomping.

DR.X

Dr. X would never curb-stomp anyone, but when I hear of steel-toed boots & stomping in the same sentence, I think of Doc Martens with red laces, and American History X. I watch a lot of horror movies, but that was one one the most disturbing scenes I've ever watched in any movie, even though it was a drama, and not a horror flick. Very visceral.

Seriously, that flick was disturbing.

I'll somebody over if they even have an inkling to do that.

That scene makes me angry.

I'll *spoon* somebody over if they even have an inkling to do that.

Don't ever work in the correctional system, or even with kids who were raised by parents of 'The Aryan Nation'. I've known kids as young as ten who have earned the red laces for their Docs by kicking someone to death. It's not easy to de-indoctrinate racial hatred.

I've worked with jailed adults who thought the whole curb-stomping approach was an excellent way for them to show who ruled the neighborhood. Steel-toed Doc Martens sell well in the southern states, and it's not because of their craftsmanship. :(

For the record, In the 1990's I wore Docs. They rocked. Nothing else even came close.

I wear steel-toed boots as well; I've been sporting these for a few years now:

shoes_iaec1132889.jpg

I wore Docs in the 90's though, just as you did. Once I found out they were the footwear of choice of racist skinheads though, I abandoned them.

Steel-toed Doc Martens sell well in the southern states, and it's not because of their craftsmanship. :(

Well, that's quite a generalization you threw out there.

I have lived in the South my whole life and have never seen a pair of steel-toed Doc Martens.

Steel-toed Doc Martens sell well in the southern states, and it's not because of their craftsmanship. :(

Well, that's quite a generalization you threw out there.

I have lived in the South my whole life and have never seen a pair of steel-toed Doc Martens.

I own several pair. They haven't caused me to curb anyone... (shrug)