• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic-keys now selling CGC graded comics?

83 posts in this topic

I wonder if he's going to put burntboy's returns up? I can't see him cracking 'em open and trying to sell them raw again, and they're still worth a good bit even as PLODs...

I've seen him sell the odd slabbed book before, but this is one of his occasional, token efforts on the CGC front.

After all those posts where he railed against servility to CGC, it is a bit surprising, nevertheless.

WHAT A WANKER!

Take good note that the unrestored CGC copies are 9.2, pretty surprising that as everything else he sells is 9.8 guaranteed.

This has just been thrown up there to prove to the 'speculators' that he's a good guy and only sells unrestored stuff. I was enjoying reading the boards until this, makes my blood boil. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Wait and see, one of his shills will turn up over on the CPG forums and say he must be legit, everyone will discuss it, then he will step in right at the best time to put his word in.

I GUARANDAMNTEE IT!

How easy is it to fabricate a CGC holder? I think that first one looks trimmed! 27_laughing.gif

Comic-Keys posted here about a year ago with pictures and detailed descriptions on how to open and reseal a CGC holder. Needless to say the thread was quickly pulled by the mods, but the point was made.

Comic-Keys posted here about a year ago with pictures and detailed descriptions on how to open and reseal a CGC holder. Needless to say the thread was quickly pulled by the mods, but the point was made.

893whatthe.gif I never saw that. Did it look like it would actually work? Anyone care to admit they tried it???

Come on, surely you guys remember the Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 thread, where the seller bought a 6.5 copy and then inserted a fake label into the case?

It happens more than we would like to imagine.

Which brings up the question.

Why isnt the label encapsulated along with the comic.

In case the CGC outer shell does shatter, the comic is still sealed, and neigh impossible to tamper with unless you cut it apart.

If the label was sealed with a holofoil sticker on the label, at the top along with the comic like a laminate, then this would not be a topic.

Zeman

Did it look like it would actually work?

Yes, it looked like it would work very well.

893whatthe.gif I never saw that. Did it look like it would actually work? Anyone care to admit they tried it???

He told how to do it in vivid detail, and included photos. The thread lasted less than a day, and he got one of his strikes for it.

-- Joanna

In case the CGC outer shell does shatter, the comic is still sealed, and neigh impossible to tamper with unless you cut it apart. Zeman

This is a feature I really like on the CGG slabs. The comic AND grading label are both sealed in the inner well. It's impossible to switch the label or comic without cutting open the inner well. Even if the hard shell shatters, you still have a sealed unit inside.

In case the CGC outer shell does shatter, the comic is still sealed, and neigh impossible to tamper with unless you cut it apart. Zeman

This is a feature I really like on the CGG slabs. The comic AND grading label are both sealed in the inner well. It's impossible to switch the label or comic without cutting open the inner well. Even if the hard shell shatters, you still have a sealed unit inside.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How easy is it to fabricate a CGC holder? I think that first one looks trimmed! 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif