• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic-keys now selling CGC graded comics?

83 posts in this topic

Can we pull back a little here. Nobody has any actual proof these these cgc books that Keys is selling are not authentic. The speculation got a little off the rails.

Agreed. As someone that got burned by Keys I'm just as wary of his auctions as the next guy, but around here there seems to be a disturbing trend developing that you're guilty until proven innocent. Every book is pressed, every big dealer is unscrupulous, all ebay sellers are scammers, ad nauseum... 893frustrated.gif

SCAMMER!

Can we pull back a little here. Nobody has any actual proof these these cgc books that Keys is selling are not authentic. The speculation got a little off the rails.

Agreed. As someone that got burned by Keys I'm just as wary of his auctions as the next guy, but around here there seems to be a disturbing trend developing that you're guilty until proven innocent. Every book is pressed, every big dealer is unscrupulous, all ebay sellers are scammers, ad nauseum... 893frustrated.gif

SCAMMER!

sorry.gif

I see your point, and it's conciliatory, but I don't think we're being out of bounds by suggesting these theories. We're talking about a man who denied he knew himself, then when busted simply changed the story to "oh him? He's just some guy who lives with me."

He's dodged and ducked every inquiry into his identity and methods, hidden his feedback, and sold counterfeit items in the past to the point that he has a criminal record for it.

He continues to sell altered items without disclosing the truth of their alteration, then enacts a policy that his refunds are good for 7 days, if the books have not left the ownership of the buyer (i.e., getting them CGC graded nullifies the guarantee!).

This is a guy who has posted details AND PHOTOS demonstrating how to crack a slab without detection for covetr manipulation of the grade or comic.

And you think we're speculating unfairly about slabbed CGC books turn up in his auctions?

Gee, if I brag that I know how to counterfeit, how to hide my identity, and then have a criminal record for doing just that, would you think it unfair if someone were leery of my good faith when I return to the exact same selling genre in which I established my criminality? Especially if nearly every instance of my "return the industry" mimics the same counterfeit techniques I'd been busted for previously?

Agreed. As someone that got burned by Keys I'm just as wary of his auctions as the next guy, but around here there seems to be a disturbing trend developing that you're guilty until proven innocent. Every book is pressed, every big dealer is unscrupulous, all ebay sellers are scammers, ad nauseum...

gossip.gifI Feel the same way

We're talking about a man who denied he knew himself, then when busted simply changed the story to "oh him? He's just some guy who lives with me."

When did he say that?

Do you have any pictures of these fake CGC books. Thanks,

Hi Hawk,

The above quote from this thread was the one that prompted me to suggest we slow down a little. I am not suggesting we can't theorize, but it only hurts our credibility if we go from step A to step D as Duran did above. (Not mean as any kind of criticism, Duran). It's beyond, could these slabs be phoney, to whose got pix of these phoney books?. There's a big difference. That was my point.

Speculate away, .....Keys deserves to have every one of his sales questioned, considering his track record.

Yeah, I don't remember him saying that Dupcak lives with him. He said that someone hacked into the computer records of the DMV and local authorities to make it look like Koos lives in Dupcak's mother's house, that Dupcak has a car registered at that address, and that Dupcak really lives near Sarasota, FL, and is clearly aligned with CGC in some way.

A reasonable explanation if you ask me. confused-smiley-013.gif

We're talking about a man who denied he knew himself, then when busted simply changed the story to "oh him? He's just some guy who lives with me."

When did he say that?

When did he say that?

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that one of his explanations for CBG's verification that Daniel D. is registered to the same address in public records? Well, that and also the possibility that someone hacked public records and entered Daniel's info into his own address?

When did he say that?

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that one of his explanations for CBG's verification that Daniel D. is registered to the same address in public records? Well, that and also the possibility that someone hacked public records and entered Daniel's info into his own address?

No, his entire defense was that the DMV and Property records were hacked. 27_laughing.gif

He could never admit that "Richard Koos" knows Dupcak, and/or lives with the Dupcaks, and/or has any relationship with them, the facts be damned!! mad.gif

He continues to sell altered items without disclosing the truth of their alteration, then enacts a policy that his refunds are good for 7 days, if the books have not left the ownership of the buyer (i.e., getting them CGC graded nullifies the guarantee!).

i really missed the boat on this one. i was under the impression that comic-keys had expanded his guarantee beyond 7 days to the lifetime of the books ownership by the buyer. as such, getting a refund after having the book graded 2 or even 5 years later would still be ok, as long as it was the same buyer who owned it. and i didn't understand the CGC'ing voids the ownership part, at all?!

did i miss the real intent or did you?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i really missed the boat on this one. i was under the impression that comic-keys had expanded his guarantee beyond 7 days to the lifetime of the books ownership by the buyer. as such, getting a refund after having the book graded 2 or even 5 years later would still be ok, as long as it was the same buyer who owned it. and i didn't understand the CGC'ing voids the ownership part, at all?!

To this point Comic-Keys has put his money where his restoration is. He's given over $30,000 in refunds in the last month for books he sold as long as two years ago.

To this point Comic-Keys has put his money where his restoration is. He's given over $30,000 in refunds in the last month for books he sold as long as two years ago.

don't i know it?!?!?!?

over 90% of that refund total was to me!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

don't i know it?!?!?!?

Since you got most of it back, can we start calling you "Charredboy"? "Lightly-toasted boy"? confused-smiley-013.gif

tongue.gif

don't i know it?!?!?!?

Since you got most of it back, can we start calling you "Charredboy"? "Lightly-toasted boy"? confused-smiley-013.gif

tongue.gif

i think i'd prefer Lightly-toasted Lad - has a nice ring to it............ grin.gif

Perhaps he is now showing that what he is selling is restored .. but this line from the auction description ???

I won this 2 years+ ago on Ebay in an "as is" 3 day auction and detected some very slight, professional color touch on two very small spine stresses.

Hate to be the doubting Tomas, but I seriously doubt that he just happened to have won this and then noticed it was restoed. Odds are that he is the one to blame the restoration on. Sure seems funny to me that old Danny boy won soooo many restored comics and is now selling them off...