• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this good for my street cred ??

14 posts in this topic

My wifes mom sent us this picture and told us that the conductor (with head out engine window) is her aunts husband. His name was Pappy and he worked for the railroad for many many years. I never met the guy, but I guess he rode all over the country in the 40's - 60's.

The only train I ever rode was the one at Disneyland :/

unclepappy.jpg

This book is issue #11, but I'm not sure the date.

Trains rule. My grandpa worked for the Santa Fe his whole life as a brakeman, and cook on a wrecker. Going to take the grand-daughter to magic mountain this summer, Eugene to Santa Barbara on the Starlight Express.

Cool - I'd have him sign that baby with a CGC witness!!!!

Too late for that. He's already gone to that great train station in the sky :angel:

Trains rule. My grandpa worked for the Santa Fe his whole life as a brakeman, and cook on a wrecker. Going to take the grand-daughter to magic mountain this summer, Eugene to Santa Barbara on the Starlight Express.

You don't have to change trains to go that far do you nw ?? That sounds fun. I wonder if I could take the train all the way donw to San Diego next year hm