• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a book still get a 9.8 if...

6 posts in this topic

I have a couple books that are super sweet, except for one small tiny flaw. A non-color breaking spine crease.. a couple others happen to have the crease on a white part of the book.

Can a book still get a 9.8 with that flaw? Or is it an automatic disqualification? :)

I have a couple books that are super sweet, except for one small tiny flaw. A non-color breaking spine crease.. a couple others happen to have the crease on a white part of the book.

Can a book still get a 9.8 with that flaw? Or is it an automatic disqualification? :)

A 9.8 has to have some very minor flaw or else it would be a 9.9 or 10.0, right?!

As long as the defects you describe are very minor, you may still have a shot.

yes if the color spine tick is 1/16" or so. It is not a guarantee but I have had a few books with one color loss tick that size with 9.8 but the rest of the books are flawless.

same thing with stress point on the white part of the spine. I think 1 or 2 small one might get a pass if they are barely visible.

A 9.8 has to have some very minor flaw or else it would be a 9.9 or 10.0, right?!

As long as the defects you describe are very minor, you may still have a shot.

This is something I've been wondering alot about. What defect(s) can a book have and still be 9.8 (or even 9.9) if 10.0 is "perfect." It seems like a lot of 9.8's get described as "flawless", but evidently there must be some flaw. How much does the interior of the book count towards a grade of 9.8 vs. 10? It's easy to forget, sometimes, looking at all these slabs, that there's actually more than a back and front cover to these things . . .