• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con March 4th-6th 2011

175 posts in this topic

I just booked a room at the Roosevelt Hotel :) can walk to & from the con! Its weird some times i check & they are sold out & other times I check & they have rooms this time I finally pulled the trigger

Booked my room, not sure how far it is from the con.

what hotel ? I google mapped mine & looke from street view mine seems like its the closest to the convention walking distance anyways ... Its not far but I have to admit I find my self wondering how safe Seattle streets are at night (shrug)

Its not far but I have to admit I find my self wondering how safe Seattle streets are at night (shrug)

Downtown Seattle is safer than downtown Eastside Vancouver, BC, but would say Tacoma, WA is less safe. The public library, dept stores, restaurants are all in downtown Seattle so it should be bright enough at night.

Its not far but I have to admit I find my self wondering how safe Seattle streets are at night (shrug)

Downtown Seattle is safer than downtown Eastside Vancouver, BC, but would say Tacoma, WA is less safe. The public library, dept stores, restaurants are all in downtown Seattle so it should be bright enough at night.

good to know I should be fine then thanks!

Could someone local to the show help me out? I got busy and let the online ticket sales end. If you could pick up a ticket from one of the retailers I will pay-pal you the money.

John

You can still order directly through Brown Paper Tickets' website:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/138293

I just purchased my tickets and got a confirmation email.

Thanks the ECCC Website showed online orders closed.

John

Hey - Thank you! I forgot that they mail the tickets. Luckily we could still get them directly through Brown Paper Tickets.

I've gotten used to standing on stupid long con lines with a confirmation email.

The deadline for mail-in submissions for the Emerald City show is this Friday. So anyone wanting to get books signed by creators or guests at Emerald City but you can not attend the show, this is a great option for you. Check out our website at www.desertwindcomics.com for more details.

The deadline for mail-in submissions for the Emerald City show is this Friday. So anyone wanting to get books signed by creators or guests at Emerald City but you can not attend the show, this is a great option for you. Check out our website at www.desertwindcomics.com for more details.

I'm sending in 10 books tomorrow...priority mail.

Also, if anyone is looking to participate in a media panel with your hero (e.g. Wm Shatner or Wil Wheaton, etc.), their sig and panel times are now nicely organized under Emerald's :headbang: "Media Guest" hyperlink.

You can also get this info and more with the app Conventions. I downloaded it to my android phone and it's actually a nice app - more so because it's free.