• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most sets in the registry

12 posts in this topic

Using the book, The Great Comic Book Heroes by Jules Feiffer, I checked to see which heroes had the most people collecting their sets in the registry. I wasn't really surprised to see........

Batman ---------------------- #1 with 183 sets

Superman ------------------- #2 with 135 sets

Wonder Woman -----------#3 with 46 sets

Hawkman (1964) ----------#4 with 38 sets

Captain America ----------#5 with 31 sets

Captain Marvel -------------#5 with 31 sets

The Spectre (More Fun)-#7 with 19 sets

Flash --------------------------#8 with 18 sets

Human Torch ---------------#9 with 17 sets

Sub Mariner -----------------#10 with 14 sets

Green Lantern --------------#11 with 12 sets

Plastic Man -----------------#12 with 8 sets ------- ( 10 sets of Police comics )

and

The Spirit ---------------------#13 with 3 sets

I think alot of people own CGC books, but are not working on a run of the title.... and do not list them in the registry.

Interesting numbers Mike.

I would have thought Cap America would have been ahead of Wonder Woman and pretty well every character after that.

He is - I'm really not understanding how Mike is getting those numbers :shrug:

A quick look at the registry shows that there are 186 registered sets in "Captain America #100-#454" alone, and another 111 sets in "Captain America (2005)" ...

Ah, I get it, he's looking at Golden Age sets only :tonofbricks:

Using the book, The Great Comic Book Heroes by Jules Feiffer, I checked to see which heroes had the most people collecting their sets in the registry. I wasn't really surprised to see........

Batman ---------------------- #1 with 183 sets

Superman ------------------- #2 with 135 sets

Wonder Woman -----------#3 with 46 sets

Hawkman (1964) ----------#4 with 38 sets

Captain America ----------#5 with 31 sets

Captain Marvel -------------#5 with 31 sets

The Spectre (More Fun)-#7 with 19 sets

Flash --------------------------#8 with 18 sets

Human Torch ---------------#9 with 17 sets

Sub Mariner -----------------#10 with 14 sets

Green Lantern --------------#11 with 12 sets

Plastic Man -----------------#12 with 8 sets ------- ( 10 sets of Police comics )

and

The Spirit ---------------------#13 with 3 sets

I think alot of people own CGC books, but are not working on a run of the title.... and do not list them in the registry.

:idea:

Interesting numbers Mike.

I would have thought Cap America would have been ahead of Wonder Woman and pretty well every character after that.

He is - I'm really not understanding how Mike is getting those numbers :shrug:

A quick look at the registry shows that there are 186 registered sets in "Captain America #100-#454" alone, and another 111 sets in "Captain America (2005)" ...

Hawkman 1964 hm

I figured that's what he was doing when he mentioned only a few sets for some of these characters.

That seems like partial analysis, which I'm not sure what value that brings if many of these characters have spanned many ages.

I figured that's what he was doing when he mentioned only a few sets for some of these characters.

That seems like partial analysis, which I'm not sure what value that brings if many of these characters have spanned many ages.

It has as much value as doing an analysis of Presidents of the United States and stopping after Benjamin Harrison.

It has as much value as doing an analysis of Presidents of the United States and stopping after Benjamin Harrison.

If Ben Harrisons book was written in 1893 .....then I agree :acclaim:

I love that book, The Great Comic Book Heroes! I am pretty sure if it was not for reading that book 30 years ago, I would not be collecting comics today.

You an me both brother.....thus the quote in my sig line