• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charging FedEx Account for eBay Sale

9 posts in this topic

I have a customer who won multiple auctions on eBay and wants me to ship FedEx and charge his account number rather than ship it via USPS (which is what the Shipping Calculator in eBay was setup for). I don't really ever ship via FedEx, but don't mind doing this for the customer considering the amount he spent and the volume of items he purchased.

Have any of you ever shipped via FedEx and charged the account number?

Anything I should be aware of?

Or should I just say no, and tell him USPS is the only way?

Thanks.

I have a customer who won multiple auctions on eBay and wants me to ship FedEx and charge his account number rather than ship it via USPS (which is what the Shipping Calculator in eBay was setup for). I don't really ever ship via FedEx, but don't mind doing this for the customer considering the amount he spent and the volume of items he purchased.

Have any of you ever shipped via FedEx and charged the account number?

Anything I should be aware of?

Or should I just say no, and tell him USPS is the only way?

Thanks.

I've done the FedEx thing (not with comics). Walked in with my box, filled out the shipping slip, gave them the account number and name on the account. 1,2,3... done. Got a much better rate because this was a large volume account.

what about shipping proof for the ebay buyer insurance. If they are asking after the auction, it would be a flat NO from me.

You would get a copy of the receipt with the tracking number when you dropped the package off. The package would get scanned in right away so there should be no issues.

I would check to see if that tracking is good enough for the eBay/Paypal seller protection. Some shipping company's tracking is not.

update: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_protection_learn_more

Have to believe the Fed Ex tracking meets those requirements enumerated at the above page.