• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digging For Dollars

9 posts in this topic

I always hear the sad tale of mothers throwing out kid's baseball card collections and comics, and that these collections would of been worth thousands or even millions. We've heard these tales for years.

Well, one day I'm gonna take my shovel to the garbage dump and dig me up a poor to very good copy of Action Comics number 1 and make me a quick dollar or two smile.gifboo.gifstooges.gifmakepoint.gifcloud9.gif

The books are far more likely to have been thrown in a fire/incinerator. Just as well too as otherwise there would be too many copies floating around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah... it would suck if there were enough floating around so that I wouldn't have to mortgage my house to buy one

When I was 17 or 18, I worked at a recycling center for a short time. I dreamt of finding beat up Golden Age books in the piles!!! But all I found was a bunch of "well used" Penthouse and Playboy issues. Not quite as good as an Action 1, but I wasn't complaining! 27_laughing.gif

Well, one day I'm gonna take my shovel to the garbage dump and dig me up a poor to very good copy of Action Comics number 1 and make me a quick dollar or two

Anyone remember the garbage dump find sometme in the 80's as I recall? I THINK Ted Vanliew had a hand in it.