• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Signature Series Tale of Woe

126 posts in this topic

I've seen this sort of runaround BS in other business situations before.

It usually means the company like DWC is taking your money but not paying the service providers like CGC with it and owing them so much your stuff gets held hostage with both side telling you to blaming the other without telling you what it's really all about ( $$$ )

Then the other company has no problem with CGC because their accounts are up to date and paid in full.

That's been my experience in these situations

We were not aware of this thread until after we posted the Todd McFarlane announcement (which was posted today due to a commitment to Todd's office and a delay of approvals that didn't arrive until after we left for vacation).

As many of you know we usually don't read postings in the general thread. Once this thread was brought to our attentions, we immediately emailed CGC and Andrew. We will call CGC tomorrow morning and even do a conference call if Andrew so wishes. Andrew, your timeline was very accurate but I would like to point out to the others, there are 14 emails between you and us in the last 3 weeks, not counting two from today. We want very much for you to get your book.

CBG - Mike, your invoice was shipped last week; however CGC has charged an additional $15 for the custom label due to all the signatures.

Sanj Mitra, your invoice was shipped last week as well, along with about 150 invoices for others in the last two weeks.

We greatly respect Joe at CGC and if anyone thinks we 'threw him under the bus' this is simply not true.

However, there are many times customers contact us and when we contact CGC we find their books 'stuck' in the safe. This happened just recently and neither Joe nor Harshen could explain why.

We do not put books on hold unless for lack of payment from the customer and no communication to make arrangements. Actually, just lack of communication because many here on these boards know we have paid for your books out of our pocket and have or are still patiently awaiting payment. So regarding Andrews book, there is no communication between DWC and CGC asking to put Andrew’s book on hold.

As far as our books held hostage, we work closely with CGC management and have never been told our books are being held for lack of payment.

Anyone else with issues, please PM or email us now as soon as we return from vacation, we will answer within a day. If you feel your concern cannot wait, please call and leave a message and we will see what we can do remotely although we don’t have our files or any CGC paperwork with us.

All I can say is we do the best we can and yes we have fallen short at times. However we have always tried to make it right.

Sharon

(who’s making her own list)

Andrew, your timeline was very accurate but I would like to point out to the others, there are 14 emails between you and us in the last 3 weeks, not counting two from today. We want very much for you to get your book.

How many of the 14 e-mails were REPLIES from you?

Andrew, your timeline was very accurate but I would like to point out to the others, there are 14 emails between you and us in the last 3 weeks, not counting two from today. We want very much for you to get your book.

How many of the 14 e-mails were REPLIES from you?

I counted: yes there were 14 emails. 7 from me, 7 from Sharon or Chandler. But no information was left out of the timeline I provided.

The first email conversation with Sharon included a few back and forths about the value of the book and whether or not CGC would reduce the grading fee because of the delay.

Sharon did indeed email me three times about this late last night, including CCing me on an email to Joe at CGC. She is clearly very concerned about this, and if what she said in her email to Joe P is true, then it appears that DWC were not the ones to drop the ball on this.

I appreciate that she is taking the time away from her vacation to attempt to resolve this. And hopefully it will be resolved today. I'll let you know the outcome.

I once had a book years ago that CGC lost in their Vault for many months.

It wasnt a book submitted by DWC.

This happens it seems around major Cons. they simply lose track of books

CBG - Mike, your invoice was shipped last week; however CGC has charged an additional $15 for the custom label due to all the signatures.

??? You have to pay extra to have all of the info put on the label?? Can this be done on normal books for, say, grading notes? Damn, there's another revenue stream CGC is missing out on!

I am not going to try and imagine what the facilitator or cgc have to do to get cgc ss books done. I appreciate the effort on both sides.

My question is , and not sure if possible due to volume or whatever. But is there a way to have say a tracking program or so to see the book from begining to end. So once the facilitator gets it in his hands, to being turned into cgc the progress thur and then ship?

I am not going to try and imagine what the facilitator or cgc have to do to get cgc ss books done. I appreciate the effort on both sides.

My question is , and not sure if possible due to volume or whatever. But is there a way to have say a tracking program or so to see the book from begining to end. So once the facilitator gets it in his hands, to being turned into cgc the progress thur and then ship?

Yea,fill out an invoice from your CGC account,and mail it with the book to whoever is getting the SS done for you.Pay their fee to them direct/seperate,and CGC will charge you when they get the book/your invoice,and you can track the whole thing once CGC has it.Then they mail it right to you...seems bretty basic to me.

CGC did my SS book direct,mailed to CGC with my invoice,book never left CGC's hands.Knew it's "status" the entire time,but that was for the "private signing" that CGC handled direct.

Follow up:

Sharon followed up with me 3 times last night, CCed me on emails to CGC, and got up this morning at 4 AM Hawaii time to follow up again with both Joe and Harshen at CGC. Bottom line is that my book is now packed and it will be on its way to me today via Fedex International overnight.

BTW, here's the book in question (Bree sent me a scan this morning):

AVENGERS4SS70.jpg

We were not aware of this thread until after we posted the Todd McFarlane announcement (which was posted today due to a commitment to Todd's office and a delay of approvals that didn't arrive until after we left for vacation).

As many of you know we usually don't read postings in the general thread. Once this thread was brought to our attentions, we immediately emailed CGC and Andrew. We will call CGC tomorrow morning and even do a conference call if Andrew so wishes. Andrew, your timeline was very accurate but I would like to point out to the others, there are 14 emails between you and us in the last 3 weeks, not counting two from today. We want very much for you to get your book.

Sanj Mitra, your invoice was shipped last week as well, along with about 150 invoices for others in the last two weeks.

We greatly respect Joe at CGC and if anyone thinks we 'threw him under the bus' this is simply not true.

However, there are many times customers contact us and when we contact CGC we find their books 'stuck' in the safe. This happened just recently and neither Joe nor Harshen could explain why.

We do not put books on hold unless for lack of payment from the customer and no communication to make arrangements. Actually, just lack of communication because many here on these boards know we have paid for your books out of our pocket and have or are still patiently awaiting payment. So regarding Andrews book, there is no communication between DWC and CGC asking to put Andrew’s book on hold.

As far as our books held hostage, we work closely with CGC management and have never been told our books are being held for lack of payment.

Anyone else with issues, please PM or email us now as soon as we return from vacation, we will answer within a day. If you feel your concern cannot wait, please call and leave a message and we will see what we can do remotely although we don’t have our files or any CGC paperwork with us.

All I can say is we do the best we can and yes we have fallen short at times. However we have always tried to make it right.

Sharon

(who’s making her own list)

Sharon, thanks for yoru email. I can confirm that the book was received today.

Thanks for your efforts.

Sanj

Yea,fill out an invoice from your CGC account,and mail it with the book to whoever is getting the SS done for you.Pay their fee to them direct/seperate,and CGC will charge you when they get the book/your invoice,and you can track the whole thing once CGC has it.Then they mail it right to you...seems bretty basic to me.

CGC did my SS book direct,mailed to CGC with my invoice,book never left CGC's hands.Knew it's "status" the entire time,but that was for the "private signing" that CGC handled direct.

And all facilators will allow this to be done this way? Just askin>?

I have no idea,but it can't hurt to ask them,and it would definitely be a "solution" to the tracking the book problem,and knowing that once CGC has it,it will be coming straight to you.

I have no idea,but it can't hurt to ask them,and it would definitely be a "solution" to the tracking the book problem,and knowing that once CGC has it,it will be coming straight to you.

You might be able to get a facilitator to do this, but if you did, it would probably end up costing a little bit extra, because unless you had a dealer account with CGC, the book would end up getting charged at CGC's standard rate instead of the facilitator's discounted rate.