• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Green Hornet Trailer

29 posts in this topic

Well it's probably a good thing they turned this into a comedy. I don't think you would be able to turn a hero called the Green Hornet into a serious hero in this day and age.

That seems to be a rather absurd statement. What does the name Green Hornet have to do with being taken serious? Do you consider Batman or Spider-man or any other comic book movies to be 'serious' names?

BTW - it looks pretty cool to me... but I'm a big GH fan...

I still don't know about this one

i do - can smell the stench right through my monitor

A lot of the buzz I have been hearing is this will be a surprise hit and MIGHT do better worldwide boxoffice then one of these three GL,CAP or Thor if any of them bomb.

here is another good review.

Green Hornet looks good

(thumbs u

I think it looks like a perfect way to kill a couple of hours at the theater. And the Black Beauty looks awesome. It is going to be parked in front of Bedrock City for a day around the time of the premiere. I can't wait!

A lot of the buzz I have been hearing is this will be a surprise hit and MIGHT do better worldwide boxoffice then one of these three GL,CAP or Thor if any of them bomb.

Green Hornet looks good

(thumbs u

That's a lock... Jay Chou (Kato) is a mega star in all of Asia... he's an extra 100 million on his own.

I think it looks like a perfect way to kill a couple of hours at the theater. And the Black Beauty looks awesome. It is going to be parked in front of Bedrock City for a day around the time of the premiere. I can't wait!
:applause: You lucky duck!

Green Hornet looks good

(thumbs u

That's a lock... Jay Chou (Kato) is a mega star in all of Asia... he's an extra 100 million on his own.

a lock? hsx has all three flicks doing 2.5x better domestically. GH would have to do something like 400MM outside the US if the domestic estimates are close for GH to do bigger WW box office.

Green Hornet looks good

(thumbs u

"a lock? hsx has all three flicks doing 2.5x better domestically. GH would have to do something like 400MM outside the US if the domestic estimates are close for GH to do bigger WW box office"

There's about 2 billion people in Asia. :gossip:

Besides... HSX is nothing but fantasy film guessing. I used to be on there long ago. They know no more than anyone elses best guess....

Green Hornet looks good

(thumbs u

"a lock? hsx has all three flicks doing 2.5x better domestically. GH would have to do something like 400MM outside the US if the domestic estimates are close for GH to do bigger WW box office"

There's about 2 billion people in Asia. :gossip:

Besides... HSX is nothing but fantasy film guessing. I used to be on there long ago. They know no more than anyone elses best guess....

hsx is a helluva lot more accurate than guessing especially when you get closer to release date. if the domestic box office is accurate, this is anything but a lock.

in the history of movie box office there hasn't been one film that did less than $100 million in the US and >$400mm internationally.

Yeah, you're right... a "lock" is a strong word... but hell. I'll stand by it.

'Nobody knows nothing'... that's a fact when it comes to Hollywood and what will be a hit and what will be a failure. Just do the best you can and pray it catches on.

We'll... how about we make a little friendly wager then. I say the Green Hornet's World Wide box office will be better than one of the three movies (Cap, GL or Thor)

Of coarse if we took out production costs and just bet which film would have the most BO profit that would be even better and a more accurate way to judge it's success ))

A $50 credit in the sales forum sounds good to me )

Well it's probably a good thing they turned this into a comedy. I don't think you would be able to turn a hero called the Green Hornet into a serious hero in this day and age.

That seems to be a rather absurd statement. What does the name Green Hornet have to do with being taken serious? Do you consider Batman or Spider-man or any other comic book movies to be 'serious' names?

BTW - it looks pretty cool to me... but I'm a big GH fan...

I guess I'm an absurd kind of guy. I was just saying the Green Hornet has always been kind of a lame name. And to answer your question, Batman does sound much cooler to me then the Green Hornet. Spider-man is a goofy name too but they didn't try to turn that into a serious movie either. I think you missed my point.

Now, now. I didn't say you were an absurd kind of guy. Just an absurb statement from my absurd point of view.

BTW... I consider Spider-man a serious movie. Not dark in tone like the last two Batman flicks.. but serious none-the-less. 3 on-screen emotionally engaging deaths counts as serious to me...

But hey... Green Hornet is one of my favorite characters... how absurd of a statement is that?

My sentiments exactly! Fun is the best thing to have, and comic movies are fun.