• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful when buying from Quality Comix?????

451 posts in this topic

First of all, let me say that I HATE, I HATE, I HATE to post something like this, but I just don't know where else to turn.

That said, I bought a Tales To Astonish #52 from QC on October 3. I got a response from Brent on October 4 saying that I had purchased the book. I sent a Money Order for the full amount on October 5.

Picture1.png

That's the last I heard from Quality Comix.

After a month, and many voicemail's to Brent and an email almost every day (both with no response???) I went to cancel the Money Order. Here is the email I sent Brent that day:

Picture2.png

I FINALLY got a response:

Picture4.png

That was sent on November 8.

However, still no book. Again, I have started calling and emailing Brent everyday, but, again, with no response at all ?????

I am not sure where to turn next. The thing is, I have bought from him before with no problem. Even if he were to send me an email saying the book is lost or sold to someone else by mistake, or the dog ate it. Anything would be better than silence. I'm sure that Brent is an honest guy. I've always heard good things about him and QC. That's why this puzzles me so.

I'm just not sure where to turn next. Do I just keep calling and emailing him even though I get no response? Do I just give up and say it's a lost cause? I hate to do that. I would really like to get the book, but if that isn't possible, I'd at least, like to get my money back (which I have suggested in my latest emails).

I'm sorry to write this. It may get pulled by the Mods, but if there is anyone out there who can get some sort of response from Quality Comix, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rick

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I've bought from Brent before and it took about 3 weeks to get the comic. Not anything I find unacceptable but close to my limit in waiting time (a month)

With this said, you might be over reacting and if this was purchased as part of an auction (was it?) it might take longer than normal to get the comic.

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells... so there is the time to wait for the store to receive the comic from the consigner and then from the store to you. Sometimes that can take a while. :cry:

The unanswered emails and phone calls is not acceptable to me in any biz. Once that money clears you have a right to talk to someone and get an answer. :sumo:

I hope it works out for you and it's all just a misunderstanding.

Good luck.

:wishluck:

I see the last time Brent posted on the Boards was November 7.

He used to be active on the Boards but has been very stealth for some time now.

Hopefully you will get some information from a Board member soon. All I can do is wish you luck.

I haven't bought from him in a while, but there were promptness issues a couple times when it came to simple orders (non auction). I know he's largely respected on these boards, and he did eventually make my orders right, but it was annoying. I sensed he was a bit overwhelmed with his business (a con, I think, was part of the reason for the delay if I recall correctly). I'd have to check my records to be sure, but it was a couple years back.

I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

hm Brent has been having some promptness issues lately, but I'm sure he will get your book to you...

+1

I sure hope so.

The book was not part of an auction. Just listed on his site. Even if he had to wait for a consignor to send the book (which I would understand), at least let me know that's what's going on.

But, when he says that he will "send the book tomorrow", and two weeks later there is still no book, and no response to calls and emails, I start to worry.

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells

I've never cosigned to Brent, but I know CLink and Heritage make you send in the book before the auction so they can scan it and write up the description (and have it in hand).

hm Brent has been having some promptness issues lately, but I'm sure he will get your book to you...

+1

I sure hope so.

The book was not part of an auction. Just listed on his site. Even if he had to wait for a consignor to send the book (which I would understand), at least let me know that's what's going on.

But, when he says that he will "send the book tomorrow", and two weeks later there is still no book, and no response to calls and emails, I start to worry.

And you have every right to.

Yeah...I feel your pain...Brent is really SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...Like this guy... :sorry:

Reminds me of a subcontractor we had on a job...his name was Barry Lowe...and he quickly EARNED the nickname Barry Slowe... :insane:lol

Pretty sure you'll get the book but if I were in your shoes I'd be pretty unhappy...

WAKE UP BRENT and service your good customers! COMMUNICTION at the end of the day is KEY!

2c

Unlike most threads like this where the thread is knee jerk and the poster is an impatient whiner who`s afraid to talk to the seller, you seem to have done all the right things and waited the right lengths of time, so I think it`s totally appropriate for you to start this thread. Hopefully Brent will clue in and get this resolved.

I've had many transactions with Brent. Always seemed like a stand-up guy to me and a very trustworthy seller. I'm 100% sure you will get your book, but I can see why you're upset as the communication problem here seems to be below anyones standards. Again, not a encouraging report for Brent recently.

The thing i'm not fond of with some sites (including Brent's) is that the consigners have to send the book to them after the book sells

I've never cosigned to Brent, but I know CLink and Heritage make you send in the book before the auction so they can scan it and write up the description (and have it in hand).

I could certainly be wrong. I know Pedigree doesn't always have the comics and has to wait for them to be sent in to be shipped out...I believe Quality Comix is the same way.

hm

I believe you can enter in your own scans per these instructions but i'm not sure if the sellers HAVE to send in the books before they are sold. Plus, it might be different for non-auction sales but for just plain consignments on the site. I'm not sure...I don't want to apply the same stuff to Brent that Pedigree does...so again I coulld be wrong.

Per Brent's site:

Step 1: View our commission rates, click here

Step 2: Create a Quality Comix account if you don't already have one click here

Step 3: If you have a scanner, login to your account and upload your auction consignments

Step 4: Mail your books right away to our NY office:

Quality Comix LLC

1830 South Road

Suite 102-187

Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

Step 5: Quality Comix receives your books and puts your books in the auction preview

Step 6: Comics sell in one of our auctions. Within 30 days of auction end, you receive a check for the auction proceeds.

I could certainly be wrong. I know Pedigree doesn't always have the comics and has to wait for them to be sent in to be shipped out...I believe Quality Comix is the same way.

hm

Not the best policy if that's the case

hm

Not the best policy if that's the case

This wasn't an auction though. If it's a consignment book that is for sale on the site you generally have to wait for the consignor to ship the book in.

I did have another board member ask me about Brent and late shipping and all I could say was that I did not know anything.

Brent is generally solid so I hope there is nothing serious.

This wasn't an auction though. If it's a consignment book that is for sale on the site you generally have to wait for the consignor to ship the book in.

Thanks for confirming that. Certainly part of the equation when looking at arrival time...