• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age One-Shots
1 1

97 posts in this topic

cool Fawcett crossover PB graphic nov- they quit comics 'cause they were making more $ selling pb's for a quarter than comics for a dime...

img253.jpg

a treasured little bantam novel from '68 i bought right off the rack at endling's bookstore in b.r. in my youth.

capnovel.jpg

Cool idea for a thread!

There's a lot of one-shots from the GA. I suspect many companies were still searching for the right genre/title/idea. It's still a mystery to me why so many titles were started, but cancelled before they could tell whether it was selling or not. Maybe they knew it was DOA.

Here's an example of one - the only Timely one-shots that was truly a one-shot! Others, like Miss America Comics (Magazine) and Red Raven (Human Torch) that continued as another title, or Gay Comics where title was continued at a later date with a jump in numbering to #18.

TKS.jpg

Thank god for one shots, particularly in this case :sick:

too bad no zero-shot on that one, and this from a timely guy!

(thumbs u

Cool idea for a thread!

There's a lot of one-shots from the GA. I suspect many companies were still searching for the right genre/title/idea. It's still a mystery to me why so many titles were started, but cancelled before they could tell whether it was selling or not. Maybe they knew it was DOA.

Here's an example of one - the only Timely one-shots that was truly a one-shot! Others, like Miss America Comics (Magazine) and Red Raven (Human Torch) that continued as another title, or Gay Comics where title was continued at a later date with a jump in numbering to #18.

TKS.jpg

Thank god for one shots, particularly in this case :sick:

too bad no zero-shot on that one, and this from a timely guy!

(thumbs u

So, no one but me was looking forward to the further adventures of Doctor Klutch!?! :tonofbricks: Just like Drs Gair, Vee and Murdo, the good Doctor disappearred into the mists of the GA of Timely! :sorry:

I think are bunches and bunches, Jeff and my few above don't even scratch the surface. It would be cool if we could search GCD by number of issues and age ranges. That would get you what you're after for a lot of issues.

My first ever decent idea for a thread. I'm sure adamstrange and billy parker can contribute a ton.

I could have, if I hadn't had to rely on my brother's antediluvian PC during Thanksgiving! :pullhair:

I do have a one shot or two lying around that I was able to find.

Tailspin.jpg

Dang, I was just going to post my Jon Juan too....
Post away! (thumbs u

Man, your copy sure is nice (repeat ad infinitum). Is that a pedigree copy?
Nope but it is quite nice in person.

My newest one shot. So excited I'm going to post this everywhere I can, so don't be surprised if you see it up in a few other threads. :whee:

RSGcgc4_5owwDcpy-1.jpg

I sooooo had my eye on that book when it was listed on ebay :grin:

Congrats :applause:

My newest one shot. So excited I'm going to post this everywhere I can, so don't be surprised if you see it up in a few other threads. :whee:

RSGcgc4_5owwDcpy-1.jpg

I sooooo had my eye on that book when it was listed on ebay :grin:

Congrats :applause:

Thanks... I had been looking for the D copy since I noticed it on HA awhile back. I probably won't be purchasing anything till about Nov now.