• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

af15 cgc 0.5 incomplete question

15 posts in this topic

just won this on heritage last weekend. the question here is i want to marry the missing parts but not get a qualified grade but i haven't seen a low grade blue label with married parts. i've only seen a married book with a qualified grade. any experienc out there?

Any marrying will get you an "apparent" label.

If there is any other resto involved it will get a "restored" label.

You probably got a decent book for the price. Crack it out and read it! That's what comics were made for!

:headbang:

just won this on heritage last weekend. the question here is i want to marry the missing parts but not get a qualified grade but i haven't seen a low grade blue label with married parts. i've only seen a married book with a qualified grade. any experienc out there?

It's possible to get a Universal grade with married parts,the key tho is to have exact staple placement on both donor books,as well as page quality,and "cut" of the book(manufacturing grooves on edge)...it's a long shot,but possible.I believe it was Borock at some point even eluded to the possibility of a professionally "married" book being undetectable.Not damaging/scraping the staples is also important.

Otherwise you are goin to get a "married" Green label book.

And i'm not suggesting that getting an Universal grade on a well done married book is "right",i'm just saying it can be done if everything were to "match"..ie: 2 books from the same print run.

It's possible to get a Universal grade with married parts,the key tho is to have exact staple placement on both donor books,as well as page quality,and "cut" of the book(manufacturing grooves on edge)...it's a long shot,but possible.I believe it was Borock at some point even eluded to the possibility of a professionally "married" book being undetectable.Not damaging/scraping the staples is also important.

Otherwise you are goin to get a "married" Green label book.

And i'm not suggesting that getting an Universal grade on a well done married book is "right",i'm just saying it can be done if everything were to "match"..ie: 2 books from the same print run.

Thanks, yeah I thinking along the same lines-- it be a long shot to get "married" book being undectable (thumbs u

You probably got a decent book for the price. Crack it out and read it! That's what comics were made for!

(thumbs u

Both of you did see that the book is incomplete, right? :makepoint:

Though the notes say that the missing pieces affect the story, I don't think that this is truly the case.

I willing to lay odds that Uncle Ben still dies and Peter still finds that with great power also must come great responsibility. :shy:

(thumbs u

Though the notes say that the missing pieces affect the story, I don't think that this is truly the case.

I willing to lay odds that Uncle Ben still dies and Peter still finds that with great power also must come great responsibility. :shy:

:o

A curse on you for not using the spoiler tag!

(thumbs u

That's hysterical! lol

(thumbs u

Great. Way to ruin the whole Spidey universe for me :(

It's official! I'm throwing out my ASMs!

Back to the OP:

What did you end up doing with the book?

If you did want to 'marry' parts, you might be better taking this cover and putting it on a coverless book instead of trying to marry the missing wraps.

Nice cover though. You did pay for a neatly presented book.

Back to the OP:

What did you end up doing with the book?

If you did want to 'marry' parts, you might be better taking this cover and putting it on a coverless book instead of trying to marry the missing wraps.

Nice cover though. You did pay for a neatly presented book.

decided to try to sell it to fund my recent af15 5.5 purchase. although if it doesn't sell, i'd be happy to keep it too. Colors are very rich on hand