• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty sure this was Not the type of publicity the WB wanted for Green Lantern.

122 posts in this topic

Maybe they will have a short "history of GL" to start the movie to let people know there are more than one GL?

Let`s face it, the Green Lantern corps is what these movies will eventually be about.the first one will focus on Hal and the next ones will focus on Sinestro and the Green Lantern Corps. 2c

Maybe they will have a short "history of GL" to start the movie to let people know there are more than one GL?

Let`s face it, the Green Lantern corps is what these movies will eventually be about.the first one will focus on Hal and the next ones will focus on Sinestro and the Green Lantern Corps. 2c

Next ones :roflmao:

Well, I think the majority of folks use Twitter to spout random , you can find a selection of this exact type of feedback about almost anything you'd like. I wouldn't go so far as to call them ignorant but rather they just spout what they are thinking at the time.
Yes.. Speak first, think later. :rulez:

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done after thought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

my thoughts personally about this is it will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the cartoon network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done afterthought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

That is too bad because this movie looks pretty crappy.

No love for Alan Scott?

3435_180x270.jpg

the first Green Lantern created about 20 years before Hal Jordan.

I guess its something we should get used to as we get older. example in 10 years the majority of mainstream will think of Ultimate Spider-man as the real Spider-man and not the Lee,Ditko and Romita version.

Okay, now that's depressing. :P

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done afterthought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

me personally this will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

I personally think GL will get one go around...he simply doesn't have the name recognition of a Batman or Superman to justify another punt.

If this one flops...and the signs are unbelievably poor with what we've seen...I think that will be it.

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done after thought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

my thoughts personally about this is it will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

Have you seen the trailer yet?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

They are planning at least three, they are banking on this as a huge franchise like Harry Potter or Batman. They even got a Green Lantern cartoon to debut in 2011 on the Cartoon Network. Make no mistake this is not a Jonah Hex one and done afterthought. Warner has put a lot of money into Green Lantern, if this and the new Superman movie fails, Warner will move on to something else then superhero movies. With Green Lantern movie, the stakes are very high.

me personally this will gross at least 200 million worldwide and there will be at least one sequel. 2c

I personally think GL will get one go around...he simply doesn't have the name recognition of a Batman or Superman to justify another punt.

If this one flops...and the signs are unbelievably poor with what we've seen...I think that will be it.

Good point, Warner has been very hesitant to do non-Batman/Superman mainstream superhero movies, some see this as a major risk.

It will be tough as a week after it debuts it goes against Cars 2 and two weeks later Transformers 3, so the key here will be word of mouth especially that opening week which will be crucial. :wishluck:

This is pretty interesting. Both sides are right in the sense that people can only know what they are exposed to but it is also typical of the "knee jerk reaction" generation to try to be the first to spout something on twitter before anyone else has a chance.

This is probably a screw up on DC's part. Someone up there, somewhere in an upper corporate office should have caught on with the disconnect and pre-empted it...posibly by doing something as simple as having Hal Jordan appear on the cartoon several times. It's what the higher ups are payed to do....to manage the entire company.

Ah well, wonder how they will spin it?

Have you seen the trailer yet?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I seen the trailer and I am hoping for the best. lol

Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that John Stewart sucks as a character and the entire popularity of Green Lantern is based on Hal Jordan.

the first sentence is not true at all. just your opinion. he's a great character. how well he's used is up to the writer. he's always great in the justice league version.

Well, you could say that of any character. They are only as good as how they are written. Goes for Superman, Batman, Spider-man everyone. Based strictly on past storylines, he is a grade C character.

Hopefully WB is noticing all the negative comments and will do something to fix the movie. I thought I read for Hex the brought on another director to help the original guy as he was doing such a bad job. Maybe they will do something like that again.

Hopefully WB is noticing all the negative comments and will do something to fix the movie. I thought I read for Hex the brought on another director to help the original guy as he was doing such a bad job. Maybe they will do something like that again.

Yes, because that worked out so well.

This trailer doesn't reveal any major plot points. What exactly are you seeing that you dislike so much?

This is pretty interesting. Both sides are right in the sense that people can only know what they are exposed to but it is also typical of the "knee jerk reaction" generation to try to be the first to spout something on twitter before anyone else has a chance.

This is probably a screw up on DC's part. Someone up there, somewhere in an upper corporate office should have caught on with the disconnect and pre-empted it...posibly by doing something as simple as having Hal Jordan appear on the cartoon several times. It's what the higher ups are payed to do....to manage the entire company.

Ah well, wonder how they will spin it?

Hal did appear in the Justice League cartoon, but only for about 5 seconds.