• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a few pics of the Portland Comic Book show this last weekend

32 posts in this topic

Drove up to Portland on Sunday to go to the comic show. Its a once a year event and usually draws about 1,200 - 1,500 people. Its a good size room with four aisles about 100 yards long with tables on both sides. There were lots of comics and lots of toys, figures etc. Seems to be a pretty large showing of artists too. Randy Emberlain is always there, but most of the guys I'm not familiar with. Moderns :gossip:

IMG_6155.jpg

There were lots and lots of dollar books.......

a good showing of Silver and Bronze.......

and even a spattering of Gold.

Terry had a Police #1 that interested me. Low grade but a perfect reader copy. He graciously let me look through the whole book. And yup..... Plastic Mans origin is really in there (thumbs u

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

Walked in the door, turned right on the first aisle and came across these 3 characters. They didn't seem like they were biting any of the customers so I went up and talked to them. From left to right..... Royce (Designer Toast)

Dan (dunefan) and Dennis (theshadowknows)

I ran into Danny (dwip99) and his family just as they were arriving and warned them :makepoint:

IMG_6154.jpg

any idea on who the dealer is in the fourth picture with all the SA key Marvels?

I'm pretty sure he was part of Terry's group. If not then IDK :(

Also, the 501st Cloud City Garrison Star Wars Troupe was there posing for pictures. It was free but they had a donation box on the side with all the money going to local charities like Doernbecher Childrens Hospital or Childrens Miracle Network. They were very busy, especially with the kids. I couldn't resist standing near Princess Leia for my pic :cloud9:

IMG_6148.jpg

And finally, what comic book show would be complete without Batman and Batgirl ?? These two looked great (especially Batgirl :luhv: ) with authentic 60's TV Bat costumes. Adam West would be proud.

I picked up two nice Conans and a couple reader Bat books and was done. We were pretty hungry by then so we headed over to the Bridgeport Brewpub for a pint and a late lunch....... then back to Springfield. Fun day.

It was good to see you fellow boardies again too :hi:

IMG_6161.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

That looks like a great little con they have there. I love seeing the charity star wars photo group. Great stuff! Lots of nice books. Decent crowds.

Sure beats our Vancouver Cons, but then again I haven't been to one in a few years.

Nice report Mike. Did you buy any books?

:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

And finally, what comic book show would be complete without Batman and Batgirl ?? These two looked great (especially Batgirl :luhv: ) with authentic 60's TV Bat costumes. Adam West would be proud.

I picked up two nice Conans and a couple reader Bat books and was done . We were pretty hungry by then so we headed over to the Bridgeport Brewpub for a pint and a late lunch....... then back to Springfield. Fun day.

It was good to see you fellow boardies again too :hi:

I think at least part of the reason there are so many artists at this show is cuz Dark Horse Comics is right here in Milwaukie Oregon, just south of Portland

I've been to the Portland Con a couple of times, great show with a very laid back vibe. Almost all the dealers seem to be willing to haggle on prices and have a nice selection of books that don't normally pop up in my area.

If you get back to Portland and have the time I suggest stopping by Excalibur Comics, particularly if you're trying to complete any runs. Again, he always seems to be willing to negotiate prices and has always had a nice selection of back stock. Cosmic Monkey should be on the list too, nice store (although a little cluttered) with a good selection.