• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel comic movies mayhem...!!!

75 posts in this topic

To everyone

Since the last few years we've been seeing all the movies based on the marvel universe with some interesting results.

Regarding the impact of these takes and their overral sucess, it seems that the price guide is also following the success...looking at 5 years ago and now:

Spider-man, the powerhouse of marvel titles has been increasing on the price guide, but mostly the buyers have been paying for more than price guide.

X-men and DD were also pumped up, even if lesser than Spidey.

Now with some major movies being produced, which titles might know and interesting price increase?!

Imho there's one title that within 5 years will be much higher than is now: FF.

what do you think?

Regards, Pedro.

May be some heat on Scarecrow appearances as he has been announced as a villian along w/ Ra's Al Ghul in next Batman (early yrs) movie.

ASM 129 may have legs as they are planning to film Punisher 2 movie already. juggle.gif

has there ever been a Silver Surfer movie attempted?? confused.gif I would love to see Galactus...if done right! thumbsup2.gif

I just spoke to a Producer the other day that mentioned that there is some difficulty in doing a Silver Surfer movie. Not that that cant be solved with time. I can remember working on the Hulk movie for Universal 4 years ago. They Producers at that time couldn't decide to use CGI or a mock-up of the Hulk. The tried several mock-up including a 8' and 12' size. Eventually the cancelled the project. Then CGI technology leaped forward and they were able to finish what they had started years ago.

Lord, I hope they dont make the surfer look like the hulk!!! 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

The are going to have to use a significant amount of CGI in order to achieve the Surfer's reflectivity. In much the same way as the T-1000 in T2, although with more facial detail.

I think a Silver Surfer movie would be, if tackled in a sophisticated way, the best comic to screen transfer of them all. I've thought about this project every so often, and I'd like the film to be more faithful to the Marvel universe than others - the F.F., Galactus, the Watcher etc. should be in the picture, for starters. It'd be ridiculous to leave them out of it, although no doubt Hollywood would claim that audiences wouldn't accept so many disparate characters in one go.

maybe the FF movie can be the set up for the Surfer movie...! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

maybe the FF movie can be the set up for the Surfer movie...! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That would be a cool concept for a couple moveis. Have the first FF movie, but at the end set-up the Silver Surfer/Galactus appearance. Then have the Silver Surfer movie continue where that Ff movie left off. cloud9.gif

gossip.gif...HELLOOO...PRODUCERS....ARE YOU LISTENING??? HELLOO?? TWO HUNDRED MILLION PLUS DOLLAR MOVIE IDEA HERE!! gossip.gif

i'm really anxious to see the FF movie...and also what it will do to the prices too.

Me too, as all of the Marvel Movie Junk coming down the pike are books that I simply do not collect, such as FF, Ghost Rider, Punisher, etc.

Anything that takes the heat away from X-Men and ASM is good news in my book. thumbsup2.gif

cant wait to see how they do Reed Richards's stretching ability! popcorn.gif

Did you thought like that when you heard the coming of the first spidey or x-men movies too?

Nope, as I realized that these were the initial wave, were helmed by talented people, and were likely to be high quality flicks.

Then we got that insufficiently_thoughtful_person Mark Steven Johnson writing/directing Daredevil, and the slide began, including that POS The Hulk, and it was apparent that the studios were using the success of Spidey and the X-Men to push inferior products.

Now we have that ultimate hack Mark Steven Johnson writing and directing Ghost Rider (let me tell you, that guy has FEW fans 27_laughing.gif), and you really expect me to change my opinion on this tripe?

Other than Spidey or the X-Men, don't count on any other Marvel-based movie taking any serious cash or to even resemble a quality movie.

Does it bother anyone else when they dont go with the comics timeline? I know the moviemakers want to use the most "popular" characters to make the money with, but I really wish they would stick with the timelines...like they didnt do with the X-Men movie. I mean, come on, putting Iceman and Rogue together like that??? :whatthe

And couldnt they have picked a better character then making Iceman one of the front runners? Hes a good character, but never was one of my favorites. 893frustrated.gif

I liked both movies, but I just wouldve loved them more as a fan of the comics had they stuck with the comic timeline.

It does anger me when studios, writers and producers refit comic history simply because they are needlessly altering a vast and established canon of work, especially in the case of major characters. Most of their meddling is unnecessary and pointless and ironically devalues the source material. But I guess that's the relationship between comics and Hollywood - the mindset in the comic community is that at least the films are being made, whilst the original creators are happy to take the bucks and run.

Surely Stan the Man would've been slightly embarrased at the Green Goblin's costume? And the poor -script and dreadful miscasting in Daredevil? And as for the idiocy that was the Hulk...............

The point about most of the classic Marvel characters is that they are fleshed out, well, characters - something that seems to be ignored in Hollywood makeovers in favour of pyrotechnics, exposition and tacked on cheesy romances. Never mind the timelines......

Then we got that insufficiently_thoughtful_person Mark Steven Johnson writing/directing Daredevil, and the slide began

NOT YET ANOTHER post slamming Daredevil..I can't take it! 893blahblah.gif It ONLY grossed $180 mil worldwide. 893frustrated.gif

In fact , the movie was soooo bad they are making Elektra! and a Daredevil 2!

makepoint.gif

The whole Iceman thing didn't bother me. I guess they felt they needed a romantic interest for Rogue (to kinda highlight the loneliness of her mutant ability) and since there was no Gambit....

and I loved Iceman when he was on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" 27_laughing.gif

BTW, I hope they add Beast and Angel, the original members of the X-Men for X-Men 3.