• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this QP! X-Men 105

32 posts in this topic

Okay, yes, this is one of the books I am currently auctioning on eBay... and yes, I did mention it already in a marketplace post...

I'm a heathen spammer... shoot me... foreheadslap.gif

But before you do, look at the beautiful QP on this book! cloud9.gif

I had to add a white background for the back cover scan so you could really appreciate the beauty of the wrap... In the lower right corner on the front cover scan there are some spots of something. Those were on the scanner, not the book. I cleaned them off before doing the back cover scan... That back cover advertisement covers so much of the page it's very tough to hide any centering flaws, and it really makes the centering on this one stand out. The fact that you can't see the staples in either scan tells you a little too... smile.gif

Yes, it's only an Off-White to White book... But I really doubt you will find one with better QP than this... It's bee-yoo-tee-full... cloud9.gif

xm105fclg.jpg

xm105bclg.jpg

Awaiting the score from the Beyonder... smile.gif

nice book!! thumbsup2.gif (almost makes me sorry I already have a great copy!!)

You should never feel bad about owning pretty Byrne X-Men books... thumbsup2.gif

I spent the last twenty minutes trying to add to my item description on the auction to show the new scans, and eBay told me over and over and over that I had received bids while I was revising. No new bids were actually coming in, it just kept giving me the same error message. After 20 minutes I said to heck with it and changed the image on my website to show both covers. So now my gallery thumbnail points to a picture that is 26 inches long... foreheadslap.gif

Byrne started with #109. (Have that one in my collection to!!) thumbsup2.gif

Byrne started with #109. (Have that one in my collection to!!) thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif Now we see just how little sleep I have had this last week... foreheadslap.gif

Next I'll be bragging about my copies of Spidey 126 with the first appearance of Punisher... or perhaps my copy of Adventure Comics 458 where Batman dies...

I knew I should have gone back to bed after dropping the wife off at the train station at 5:45am this morning... foreheadslap.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Byrne started with #109. (Have that one in my collection to!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh.....I think you mean #108?

Jim

opps, my mistake! I was thinking weapon alphas first app.! foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif

boo.gif

Anyone have the GPA for this grade/issue?

Copies Average Price High/Low Sold

- $250.50 - Jul 2002

- $179.06 - Aug 2002

- $195.00 - Oct 2002

- $300.00 - Nov 2002

2 $191.01 202/179 Feb 2003

2 $205.00 255/155 Mar 2003

- $202.50 - May 2003

- $152.50 - Jun 2003

- $128.50 - Jul 2003

2 $275.00 350/199 Aug 2003

- $255.00 - Sep 2003

- $180.50 - Dec 2003

- $225.00 - Feb 2004

Average of $213.16 but the prices are really all over the map and there is no real trend line...

The only recorded 9.8 sale was for $379.50 in December 2002...

And of course there are no notations on GPA for page quality and eye appeal. Though I doubt the $350 book was three times as nice as the $128.50 book the previous month. foreheadslap.gif

I'd like to disagree as I prefer the black spine line on the spine or on the front cover. The "1977" starts to miss a bit of the bottom numbers from the back wrap. Also does it matter for QP that there is some red printing smudging in the yellow X-men title? Or is centering all we are talking about.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers just upping the ante of a 10.0

Here's a tough QP candidate that always is off center or is a 2 cent copy. This one is an 8 IMO.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-1/605515/13cgc.jpg

I'd like to disagree as I prefer the black spine line on the spine or on the front cover. The "1977" starts to miss a bit of the bottom numbers from the back wrap. Also does it matter for QP that there is some red printing smudging in the yellow X-men title? Or is centering all we are talking about.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers just upping the ante of a 10.0

Here's a tough QP candidate that always is off center or is a 2 cent copy. This one is an 8 IMO.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-1/605515/13cgc.jpg

Although I prefer my books to look like this PPSS 29 , I don't think it would be fair to downgrade the X-MEN 105 because the black line is invisible from the FC.

It is not my intention to objectify the concept of EYE APPEAL ....but merely to create some form of meaningful definition for an inherent aspect of it.

Take a look at this ASM 194 . Although some feel that the QP of that book could be improved by a 1/8" upward shift(making the space above the Marvel banner and below the UPC the same), others could argue that they prefer to see more of the webs above the banner.

Unlike a grade based on structure , I think the QP 10.0 grade must allow for some level of subjective flexibility .

I think the QP 10.0 grade must allow for some level of subjective flexibility .

You've officially lost your mind.

There is no flexibility in QP. makepoint.gif