• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thoughts on this auction or seller??

15 posts in this topic

If you check his feedback he has sold quite a few solid looking key SA books. Each buyer gave him a positive feedback. He has even sold a Showcase 4. Seems pretty safe.

nice price for the book... but why wouldnt the seller send it in to get graded? If it were in that great a shape and was graded accordingly it would fetch much more, right!? confused-smiley-013.gif

Take a look at the pics.

i think that scan is stolen. i recall seeing that exact scan somewhere on these boards relating to another auction. it was posted because of the vertical line down the middle on the front cover of the FF (the discussion was something to the effect of whether it was the book or the scanner?).

The book IS CGC'd. Take a look at the pics. He is not disclosing that because the book is probably resto'd.

He cut off the view of the top part and the edges of the slab...pretty sneaky! 893naughty-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book IS CGC'd. Take a look at the pics. He is not disclosing that because the book is probably resto'd.

i sent him a message asking about his refund policy if the book were determined to be restored. his vague response was that he wouldn't put up any book for auction that he believed was restored. BUT, you didn't answer my question!!! 893frustrated.gif

i'm GUESSING that this isn't the correct picture or that the book has been restored. once again you have to go back to the basic premise of why would anyone sell raw mid/high grade books on e-bay when they could get twice as much by getting them slabbed. i'm becoming more and more convinced that confirmed grading and a resto check are PRICELESS......... smile.gif

If you look at his other auctions, the Showcase 4 and JLA 1 are slabbed also but the auctions make no mention of this. I'd put money on them being resto'd. What I think is hilarious is that the crook can't even be bothered to remove them from the slab before scanning. At least he isn't a very smart scammer. Unless he doesn't even own the books and stole the scans.

Isn't this the same seller who bought a restored AF15 CGC 7.0 on eBay and then flipped it a week later as unrestored until another forum member contacted him about it? (Or something like that) I think its pretty likely any key books you buy from this seller will be restored. He does appear to send the books out though so at least you don't have to worry about receiving nothing smile.gif I'd bid like you were assuming the books were restored.

Isn't this the same seller who bought a restored AF15 CGC 7.0 on eBay and then flipped it a week later as unrestored until another forum member contacted him about it? (Or something like that) I think its pretty likely any key books you buy from this seller will be restored. He does appear to send the books out though so at least you don't have to worry about receiving nothing smile.gif I'd bid like you were assuming the books were restored.

i e-mailed him again asking pointedly what his policy would be if a book came back quickly with a purple label. i also asked why the books were sitting in CGC/CGG labels in the pics and why wasn't he disclosing the grades or resto status. think i'll hear back from him?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif