• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famous Monsters #192 Cover That Never Was! Star Wars Cantina Cover/ad Acetates

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I thought I would give the boards a chance at this before I auction it off.. It is for two transparencies (one approximately 8.5 by 11 inches and the other about 1/4 of that) of the Star Wars Cantina scene painted by Bill Selby.

These are from the Warren Publishing archives and were going to be used for the cover of the 25th Anniversary Collectors Edition (Issue #192) of Famous Monsters of Filmland (and now that they are republishing FF...it might still be a future cover). As many of you know, Famous Monsters ended at issue #191 due to the bankruptcy and #192 never saw the light of day.

According to Bill Selby, the artwork was originally commissioned by George Lucas himself for the first Star Wars Fan Club poster. Additional reproduction rights were also sold to Famous Monsters of Filmland.

You will receive the transparencies - one which was to be used as an advertisement for the "next issue" on the inside back cover of issue #191 from March of 1983 (seen here)

Photobucket

... and the larger which was for the cover of Famous Monsters of Filmland #192, which never made it to production due to the Warren bankruptcy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Asking $2,500 or best offer... shipping and insurance is included..

PM's are OK but first :takeit: wins.

According to Bill Selby, the artwork was originally commissioned by George Lucas himself for the first Star Wars Fan Club poster. Additional reproduction rights were also sold to Famous Monsters of Filmland.

You will receive the transparencies - one which was to be used as an advertisement for the "next issue" on the inside back cover of issue #191 from March of 1983 (seen here)

You find the most interesting collectibles. :applause: