• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Illustrater Stan Goldberg signing on Long Island

6 posts in this topic

Thought you Archie nuts on Long Island would want to see this

http://bookrevue.com/StanGoldberg.html

STAN GOLDBERG

Saturday, December 11th, 7pm

Archie comics illustrator STAN GOLDBERG will speak about and sign the seven-part story written by Michael Uslan and collected in a single book illustrated by Goldberg, Archie Marries...

line

The eternal love triangle that has been the cornerstone of Archie comics for almost seven decades is finally untangled in this seven-part story written by Michael Uslan and illustrated by veteran Archie artist Stan Goldberg. The journey begins when Archie finds himself strolling up Memory Lane, and marries the wealthy and cultured Veronica Lodge. Later we see what happens when he strolls down Memory Lane and marries the wholesome, peppy girl next door, Betty Cooper.

This pivotal series of seven issues is bound in hardcover, encased in a double diecut slipcase, and packaged with a reprint of a classic Archie comic. The book includes all-new material created especially for this edition, including -script outtakes, never-before-seen sketches, annotations, vintage covers, and exclusive interviews with the creators.

Stan Goldberg is a veteran comic book artist who has worked more than 50 years in the industry and is best known for his work illustrating Archie comics.

line

All books signed at Book Revue events must be purchased at Book Revue. If you purchase your book at Book Revue in advance of the event, please save your receipt and bring it with you to the event.

That's great! Thanks for sharing. Stan is a key player in comics history.

I grew up with his family on LI and was a good friend of his youngest.

In fact, I purchased the majority of Stan's comic book collection in 1984 and sold them at shows on LI into 1985. He had also worked for Marvel in the 60s and they would mail him copies of every book.

The problem was that the majority had subscription creases! :cry:

My "Best of" came in the other day. I ration a story a day to milk the enjoyment.

I was bummed to see that "Archie: Seven Decades..." was pushed back to July, 2011.

Me, too. It's amazing how much work has already gone into it. My scanner is just about worn out lol