• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade SGt Fury 50 and below WANTED

17 posts in this topic

I got VF's of 25,26 and 29 but I don't know what you mean by hi-grade. Hi enought for ya? grin.gif

VF's might be enough, but that would certainly be the bottom, I would guess. PM me if you have prices in mind.

I have the following raw Sgt Fury in vf or better. Seems like most of them have date stamps on the front cover.

# 13, 25, 28, 37, 39, 43,

# 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50.

Also have vf higher #s & misc. Sgt Fury Annuals in another crate in storage. Pmail if interested. Postage would be from Canada. hi.gif

I got VF's of 25,26 and 29 but I don't know what you mean by hi-grade. Hi enought for ya? grin.gif

VF's might be enough, but that would certainly be the bottom, I would guess. PM me if you have prices in mind.

PM sent. Let me know. grin.gif

If you have nay SGT fury in high grade below number 50, we might make a deal.

The real trick with collecting Sgt. Fury is the often ignored Bronze/Modern issues from 92-167 in NM. Many of these books were reprints, some reprinting stories for the THIRD TIME. No one gave a hoot about them (and few still do), making them a real challenge to assemble in NM or better. The run from about 150-160 is particularly absent from dealer boxes, especially in NM. As someone mentioned in another thread, 1978-1979 was the low point of circulation for Marvel and the Sgt Furys from that time are scarce...I can only imagine what their print run was. Just check ebay, issues in the 140s-160s rarely come up for sale, in any shape. Even the warehouse guys (Dolgoff, etc) rarely stock those issue numbers in HG.

Of course, the first 15 issues of the run are also tough. tongue.gif

Take a look at the Sgt. Fury #50 I have in this discussion. The pics are lower in the thread, as the link posted in the initial post died. The book has a right edge miscut, but CGC does not downgrade for miscut. I grade the book as 9.2 NM-. Sgt. Fury #50 thread

If you have nay SGT fury in high grade below number 50, we might make a deal.

I have the following Sgt. Fury issues for possible trade:

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 5.5 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #4 CGC 8.5 Off-White

Sgt. Fury #5 CGC 9.2 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #9 CGC 9.4 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #10 CGC 9.2 Off-White

Plus many nice raw copies from issue #12 to #122.

Here's my current want list:

FF 1-10 (7.0+)

FF 11-18 (8.0+)

FF 21, 23, Annual 1 (9.0+)

FF Annual 3 (9.2+)

FF 31, 32, 49, 51, 55, 56, 118, 155, 163, 168, 170, 174, Annual 7, 9 (9.4+)

FF 177, 179-182, 184-191, 194, 195, 198-199 (9.6+)

FF Variants 169, 172, 173 (9.0+)

FF Variants 183-187 (Any Grade)

Giant-Size Avengers 2 (All Giant-Size 9.4+)

Giant-Size Captain America 1

Giant-Size Captain Marvel 1

Giant-Size Conan 3

Giant-Size Defenders 2

Giant-Size Man-Thing 2

Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu 1

Giant-Size Werewolf By Night 2

This should probably be in the marketplace...oh well. smirk.gif

I have the following Sgt. Fury issues for possible trade:

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 5.5 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #4 CGC 8.5 Off-White

Sgt. Fury #5 CGC 9.2 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #9 CGC 9.4 Off-White to White

Sgt. Fury #10 CGC 9.2 Off-White

Plus many nice raw copies from issue #12 to #122.

Here's my current want list:

FF 1-10 (7.0+)

FF 11-18 (8.0+)

FF 21, 23, Annual 1 (9.0+)

FF Annual 3 (9.2+)

FF 31, 32, 49, 51, 55, 56, 118, 155, 163, 168, 170, 174, Annual 7, 9 (9.4+)

FF 177, 179-182, 184-191, 194, 195, 198-199 (9.6+)

FF Variants 169, 172, 173 (9.0+)

FF Variants 183-187 (Any Grade)

Giant-Size Avengers 2 (All Giant-Size 9.4+)

Giant-Size Captain America 1

Giant-Size Captain Marvel 1

Giant-Size Conan 3

Giant-Size Defenders 2

Giant-Size Man-Thing 2

Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu 1

Giant-Size Werewolf By Night 2

This should probably be in the marketplace...oh well. smirk.gif

I don't kno wif anything will happen with Werner, but hereis an update. I did get a number of fine issues offered and bought and found a few more on my own. I have or am missing the following and would be interested in upgrading:

1-1.5

2 3.0

3-3.0

4 none

5-3.5

6-none

7-none

8-5.0

9-3.0

10-none

11-none

12-none

13-7.0

14-4.5

15-4.5

16-6.0

18-none

19-4.5

20-none

21-none

23-none

24-none

27-none

29-none

30-none

31-none

32-none

38-none

40-none

41-none

42-none

Anybody with anything in the 8.0 or better that might like to do anything, let me know. Thanks

I have the following raw Sgt Fury in vf or better. Seems like most of them have date stamps on the front cover.

# 13, 25, 28, 37, 39, 43,

# 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50.

Also have vf higher #s & misc. Sgt Fury Annuals in another crate in storage. Pmail if interested. Postage would be from Canada. hi.gif

Major Kudos to Mr AArdvark88. I picked up the lot and was quite happy to see that his grading was among the best of any I have ever seen and that includes many thousands of issues. You'll be lucky to do business with this gent! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I've got the Green River Pedigree copies of the following SGT. FURY's.

23 (2 copies)

24 (2 copies)

25 (2 copies)

All are at least VF+ with most being graded by John Hauser as NM in his eBay auctions.

I know Redhook landed a fair amount of Green River Sgt. Fury's as well.

Serious question for you, which I've asked of other Green River collectors. Doesn't it freak you out to own comics that were purchased off the newsstand by a guy who is still believed by many to have been one of the Green River killers? It would certainly freak me out. Sort of like owning Charles Manson's copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.

4_6_100.gif

23 (2 copies)

24 (2 copies)

25 (2 copies)

All are at least VF+ with most being graded by John Hauser as NM in his eBay auctions.

I don't think many still believe this guy did it, only his brother. Hell, that other guy already admitted to it and was able to give detailed descriptions of areas to find bodies.

Brian

::paging Redhook::come in Redhook:: All I know is that if you check out the website at www.greenriverkiller.com, you'll find some freaky stuff there. Check out the stuff they found on William Stevens when he was arrested in 1989. Why would someone need a fully equiped police cruiser, a police badge, etc.? Sounds to me like one of those people who pose as cops and pull single women over. 893whatthe.gif

I don't think many still believe this guy did it, only his brother. Hell, that other guy already admitted to it and was able to give detailed descriptions of areas to find bodies.

Brian

Are you saying that you wouldn't want to own Charles Manson's copy of Amazing Fantasy #15?

The site that you're getting your information from is probably the site put up by William Steven's brother. http://www.greenriverkiller.com/

It purports that there wasn't just ONE Green River Killer but multiple killers.. among them, WIlliam Stevens, Jr. It also states that in addition to the 48 women Gary Ridgway admits to killing, there may be as many as a total of 125 murdered.

This is admittedly shocking to contemplate.

The question, though, is did they ever connect Ridgway with Stevens? Stevens was not convicted and was only a suspect while Ridgway has pled guilty.

You have to realize that the brother in question is also writing and doing PR for his upcoming book. I'll probably buy the book out of curiousity, but you have to take what's he's saying with a grain of salt.

Another suspect in the Green River case is Melvyn Foster, a 63-year-old retired taxi driver and ambulance medic.

(Note that Stevens also had taxis and ambulances as part of his car/police collection.)

Serious question for you, which I've asked of other Green River collectors. Doesn't it freak you out to own comics that were purchased off the newsstand by a guy who is still believed by many to have been one of the Green River killers? It would certainly freak me out. Sort of like owning Charles Manson's copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.

4_6_100.gif

23 (2 copies)

24 (2 copies)

25 (2 copies)

Yes, I am saying that I wouldn't want to own Charlie's copy of AF#15.

The site that I copied is the one by his brother. I do understand that he may have his own motives, but you have to wonder why someone would want to keep beating that particular drum if he didn't really believe what he was saying.

As for Ridgway pleading guilty, it may be that he pled guilty to some killings that he didn't actually commit. If you read his confession, his memory seems less than ideal. I don't doubt that he killed some or even most of the women he admitted killing, but it doesn't look to me like he remembers all of them all that well.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question. It's kind of fascinating to think about, in a really eerie way.

Are you saying that you wouldn't want to own Charles Manson's copy of Amazing Fantasy #15?

The site that you're getting your information from is probably the site put up by William Steven's brother. http://www.greenriverkiller.com/

It purports that there wasn't just ONE Green River Killer but multiple killers.. among them, WIlliam Stevens, Jr. It also states that in addition to the 48 women Gary Ridgway admits to killing, there may be as many as a total of 125 murdered.

This is admittedly shocking to contemplate.

The question, though, is did they ever connect Ridgway with Stevens? Stevens was not convicted and was only a suspect while Ridgway has pled guilty.

You have to realize that the brother in question is also writing and doing PR for his upcoming book. I'll probably buy the book out of curiousity, but you have to take what's he's saying with a grain of salt.

Another suspect in the Green River case is Melvyn Foster, a 63-year-old retired taxi driver and ambulance medic.

(Note that Stevens also had taxis and ambulances as part of his car/police collection.)

4_6_100.gif

23 (2 copies)

24 (2 copies)

25 (2 copies)