• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Colt Outlaw #100

17 posts in this topic

I agree RK 22 is better overall, but the cover of KC 100 is nothing to sneeze at. Of the big 4 monster covers I'd have a hard time not choosing it as the best - but as you said, it isn't a monster. TGK 58 is terrible, both in and out, and demands crazy money. KC 107 isn't the greatest cover, but the interior is legit.

This might be a bit of an unlikely connection, but I'd actually been wondering if interest would pick up in these few Western Monster issues because of... Cowboys and Aliens.

Reading some tidbit about that recently, though there's nothing remotely like a direct connection, did make me reflect on how nifty a couple of these books are.

(shrug)

Well I guess you can't count Two Gun Kid 58 as a monster cover either because it's actually a bull dressed up to scare the locals.

:banana:

Yeah, that's my problem with TGK 58 - and the cover is lame.

This might be a bit of an unlikely connection, but I'd actually been wondering if interest would pick up in these few Western Monster issues because of... Cowboys and Aliens.

Reading some tidbit about that recently, though there's nothing remotely like a direct connection, did make me reflect on how nifty a couple of these books are.

(shrug)

KC 107 is all cowboys & aliens.

Seller took a hit on it as a flip. He picked it up from ebay a couple months ago for $226

Although you can no longer see the picture it was the same book in fact I remember it being the same exact picture as well.

ebay

WOW!!! That's crazy. From what I can see in the pics, and I'm no expert, it looks to me like a VG/F at best. I certainly would'nt pay that kind of cash for a maybe F+ from ebay. It would have to be already slabbed for me to take a poke at it.

It's a cool Kirby cover, a western/monster hybrid (or at least appears that way from the cover), and it's a 100th issue, so i can see why interest in this issue would drive the price up.