• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh the agony

10 posts in this topic

Waiting on CGC is a pleasure

Sent in a pre-screen lot of 50 modern comics to CGC. It's my first pre-screen lot of hopefully several I send in the next year. Comics were received on Oct. 25 and went to VERIFIED a week or more ago.

I know what the wait times show, and I don't mind not knowing how the pre-screen may add to those times. I'm not worried or concerned or upset with CGC in any way. They do a marvelous job and I know however long the grading takes is because they don't cut corners and they give every book the attention it deserves.

But none of that stops me from checking the site a few times a day hoping the status will move to the next step. The anticipation is immense and growing. With normal grading I've had done it was reasonable to make some predictions on when the steps would occur but this pre-screen is craziness. I have no expectation on what may happen when and it's insanely exciting.

I plan on posting more journals on my pre-screen experience since I had a hard time finding out details on what to expect from the journal archive so stay tuned!

See more journals by Holku

Not sure what you mean. I certainly don't want a 9.6 that isn't a 9.6. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were being funny and not accusing.

Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke.

Waiting on CGC is a pleasure

Sent in a pre-screen lot of 50 modern comics to CGC. It's my first pre-screen lot of hopefully several I send in the next year. Comics were received on Oct. 25 and went to VERIFIED a week or more ago.

I know what the wait times show, and I don't mind not knowing how the pre-screen may add to those times. I'm not worried or concerned or upset with CGC in any way. They do a marvelous job and I know however long the grading takes is because they don't cut corners and they give every book the attention it deserves.

But none of that stops me from checking the site a few times a day hoping the status will move to the next step. The anticipation is immense and growing. With normal grading I've had done it was reasonable to make some predictions on when the steps would occur but this pre-screen is craziness. I have no expectation on what may happen when and it's insanely exciting.

I plan on posting more journals on my pre-screen experience since I had a hard time finding out details on what to expect from the journal archive so stay tuned!

See more journals by Holku

Kyle, since this is your first prescreen you may not realize you can probably already tell which books passed the prescreen. If the book is marked as Universal it passed the prescreen, if it was left blank it did not pass. As a disclaimer, passing the prescreen at this point does not guarantee it passed = it can be overruled by a grader. But if it did not pass I don't think it gets to the graders so it will stay that way.Good luck !