• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does mycomicshop care?

74 posts in this topic

EXACTLY !! And I don't know if mycomicshop is reading this or not, but I for one refuse to bid on an auction, by ANY seller, that does NOT show the item I'm bidding on. As soon as I see "stock photo"...... I'm done with it. Its the freakin 21st century !! Lets use the technology at hand and show the merchandice !! :sumo:

That is all well and good for $X books and up, but I think it is pretty clear that most of MCS customers would rather pay $1-$4 for their books with a stock photo rather than $1-$4 PLUS another $1-$2 on top of that for a scan of the specific book being sold. They are simply catering to a different demographic than you folks

Suffice it to say, if you are only looking for 9.6-9.8 in their NM stock you will probably not be a happy camper. Again, different demographic.

I'm not going to take sides in this particular matter, but here's the part I just don't get.

If anyone is going to use a stock photo, then why not use a scan from a copy that's been chewed, charred and dragged through broken glass?

If you can think of a ready-made answer to this question, I'll bet you could begin to realize why they conveniently decide to use a scan of a book that will attract attention.

Citing caveat emptor doesn't relieve the seller from responsbility for misrepresenting something they are selling.

This is a hobby, and while I may be entering into a buying contract, I don't need to be reminded to review the fine print.

Leave the fine print for the insurers, financiers and bean counters who use this method to pull the wool over people's eyes.

My point of view on the subject of using stock photos - if you're too lazy to take a scan of the book that you intend to sell, you're really not deserving of my money.

Citing caveat emptor doesn't relieve the seller from responsbility for misrepresenting something they are selling.

This is a hobby, and while I may be entering into a buying contract, I don't need to be reminded to review the fine print.

Leave the fine print for the insurers, financiers and bean counters who use this method to pull the wool over people's eyes.

This goes double for the idi.ots who misrepresent Golden Record Reprints and those crappy German reprints. :sumo:

By "issue" are you referring to the situation you described in this thread? Where you ordered 4 NM cheapies (that you were going to send to CGC), was unhappy with 3, and thought they were being "cold and unapologetic" when you they told you to send them back for a full refund?

Lone Star Comics/mycomicshop.com

Yep, That was one issue and there was another issue before that but I just wrote it off without even bringing it up because at the time I figured maybe it was just a fluke incident.

Since then about a year had past and I had some contact with them about some books on ebay,so when I was satisfied with the responses and communication I purchased them. I had also hoped that with ebays feedback system and paypal's seller accountability that things would maybe go as stated. Well I guess I should have known better but things didn't arrive as they should have and now contacting them through ebays messaging system was pointless because I had to send several messages and when I finally got a response I got the feeling that they didn't even read my email. I didn't bother trying to file a dispute or anything as it was at that point that I decided not to waste my time anymore and just move on. I guess you live and learn and I suppose in part its my fault for not learning sooner and just cutting my losses...

It's just frustrating when you deal with a company and feel like there is no real customer service when the time comes and you actually need some. And like I said in that other thread, it sucks because I like their site. It's the best on the net (in my opinion) as far as set up, search and back stock so I really wanted to use their services, but it's upsetting when you feel like you almost never get what you pay for, don't get any real help or just don't matter... (shrug)

Are you really Stuart at Emerald City Comics?

Glad to see this; I have a problem.....

I recently won your auction of a copy of Archie 282, of which you have the "So Much Fun" variant copy pictured, which is what I wanted...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=310268885820&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Received the package in the mail today...

...and opened it; I must admit, it was packed really good. Here's the book I received...

...very nice copy;...but...it's not the variant issue I've bid on & won :( . I've left a message regarding this issue on your eBay "contact seller" link, and also called & left a message. Hopefully, this can be resolved...

I've PM'd Sandflea--we're issuing a refund for the item and shipping.

As others mentioned in the thread, since the listing title didn't mention that the issue was a variant, that's just our regular inventory listing for Archie 282.

You can see our regular Archie listings here:

Archie #251-300

And here are the So Much Fun variants we've set up in our database so far, which don't include any Archie issues:

search results for So Much Fun

Our inventory team just happened to have a So Much Fun variant copy in hand when they were creating the scan for that issue. We don't currently have a separate inventory listing for the SMF variant, so any copies of that variant would be mixed in with the regular copies. It's our mistake for having that variant copy showing as the image for that issue.

We will be replacing the image for Archie 282 with an image from a non-variant copy, and also plan to set up inventory listings for the So Much Fun variants of Archie 282 and other SMF variants that we don't currently have listed.

I recently won your auction of a copy of Archie 282, of which you have the "So Much Fun" variant copy pictured, which is what I wanted...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=310268885820&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

...and opened it; I must admit, it was packed really good. Here's the book I received...

...very nice copy;...but...it's not the variant issue I've bid on & won :( . I've left a message regarding this issue on your eBay "contact seller" link, and also called & left a message. Hopefully, this can be resolved...

As others mentioned in the thread, since the listing title didn't mention that the issue was a variant, that's just our regular inventory listing for Archie 282.

Archie #251-300

And here are the So Much Fun variants we've set up in our database so far, which don't include any Archie issues:

Our inventory team just happened to have a So Much Fun variant copy in hand when they were creating the scan for that issue. We don't currently have a separate inventory listing for the SMF variant, so any copies of that variant would be mixed in with the regular copies. It's our mistake for having that variant copy showing as the image for that issue.

We will be replacing the image for Archie 282 with an image from a non-variant copy, and also plan to set up inventory listings for the So Much Fun variants of Archie 282 and other SMF variants that we don't currently have listed.

Handled very smoothly. Thanks Conan!

I don't care what anyone says I <3 mcs. Yes I want to marry it. Deal with it!

Their website is leaps and bounds above the competition. Yeah they screw up, so do any other retail store. Thanks for being awesome.

Just came back from the Giants game. Go big blue!!!!!!

Redskins suck.

They do have the best website by far. Order status is constantly updated, you can easily search the inventory, even by date added, year published, publisher, etc.

I've bought tons of stuff from them including GA. I buy GA Archie and other teen humor so there are less dealers that handle that. MCS handles those types of books well. Actually they deal in pretty much any genre,

I've had some over graded books from them and a few minor problems that they handled without complaint. I've also had enough undergraded books that more than make up for anything overgraded.

I can't fault them for not having scans of every item. When you are looking for SA and GA, there is not another dealer website that has so many scans of the actual books for sale.

For the volume of material they handle, I think that they do it rather well.

I don't care what anyone says I <3 mcs. Yes I want to marry it. Deal with it!

Their website is leaps and bounds above the competition. Yeah they screw up, so do any other retail store. Thanks for being awesome.

Just came back from the Giants game. Go big blue!!!!!!

Redskins suck.

Archie #251-300

Received Conan's PM yesterday; very forthcoming and hospitable, and I've stated that I would indeed do business again with MCS in the future. I should've read the auction post more carefully (and I usually do when comic book hunting on eBay); so it's my bad.

Cant ask for much more than that.

I agree. Thanks again, Conan! (thumbs u

One thing I'm wondering: is there an option to see the site in the old format?

There is not--we've switched over. However, like many web sites it's a work in progress. My to do list includes:

- add some new pages and sections that aren't there yet

- address javascript slowness in IE 7/8

- modify issue listings so they don't take up as much vertical space, or at least offer options so a user can choose between a format where issues show more info but take up more space, and one where issue listings are more compact.

If there's anything you preferred about the old format, let me know here or at webmaster@mycomicshop.com. I may be able to provide an easy fix, or incorporate your feedback into my planned changes.

it's funny, because i've never had a problem with them. but then, i don't buy expensive books without a picture. and i always have my books bagged/boarded. everything from walking dead to fabulous furry freak brothers. no problems.