• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You've Bought From BlazingBob....

35 posts in this topic

BOB has a novel concept going on in the Comic Market Place with his RAW stuff. He grades accurately 893whatthe.gif even at the top grades VF/NM and up 893whatthe.gif his service is awesome and he offers a money back guarantee 893whatthe.gif and his prices are resonable - they arent bargins, but they also arent sky rocket multiples of guide that ppl want for slabbed and Raw HG 893whatthe.gif It boggles the mind and look at the results, ppl from differing collecting areas and some who dont get along all agree hes a good dealer 893whatthe.gif Now if we could just get the other 500 bozos out there to emulate this business model collectors might have a 50/50 shot at getting there money's worth.

IMO Bob cant be beat for the RAW $20 - $70 book, or at least he's in very select company, I call him the Anti-Chuck if you take my meaning. makepoint.gif

a couple years ago, my brother bought an ASM 40 that Bob had graded 9.0 - came back from CGC 9.2 - and that's not counting the ASM 33 that he was grading 9.2 that came back 9.6 - although it wasn't my book, still shows he is strict.

Of the dealers I have ordered rorm Bob was the best start to finish. As a matter of fact, a priority box just arrived at my house from Bob. Hopefully it is the raw Conan's I ordered. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm confused... Are you telling me that it's possible to receive a box of comics and not open it as soon as you walk through the doorway? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif I was on my way to work so I did not have the time to open it. Believe me, it was quite a struggle! It was comic book day as far as the mail went yesterday: my CGC society package came, the Heritage catalog, and the Conan books from Bob. It was a good day! Now I need to decide what I am going to submit with the coupons .....

Russ

I can offer another endorsement for Bob's grading and service, as I have purchased many books from him at East Coast shows. Bob will occasionally crack open a slabbed book if disappointed with the grade, and I found him to be completely forthcoming with disclosing such, and also the grade given by CGC. His stuff isn't cheap, but he is totally professional, and of course he has a great inventory of Marvels.

For those of you who don't know, Bob used to work for me (I taught him everything I know and then I forgot it myself-ba dump bump) when I owned Vincent's Collectibles. You are all right - he is a great dealer and a great person. In the olden days Bob and I traveled to all the shows together. Whenever we were at multi day shows we would of course stay at a hotel. And there in lies the rub. My only problem with Bob was the way he used to look at me.... when I was changing. Now, Bob is a happily married man and I am not trying to cast aspersions on him... but the way he stared at me gave me a case of the heebie jeebies.

Of course I am just kidding! lol LOL

Bob's level of focus and his work ethic never ceases to amaze me-he is one of a kind.

Hey maybe if you all nag Bob enough he can come over and scan all of my Bronze Age!

Vincent 893applaud-thumb.gif

My only problem with Bob was the way he used to look at me....

Ah, I think we can all relate to someone dear to us not returning our affections.

But don't give up! Keep taking guys to hotel rooms and one of them is bound to stare back at you with the requisite passion. insane.gif