• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendis On Avengers

29 posts in this topic

All this [!@#%^&^] that Marvel is pulling is why my new comic list has gone from 20 books a month to 10 in the last three months. At this rate I'll only be buying Uncanny X-Men (to maintain my run), two Vertigo titles and Conan by June.

It's really to bad that they can't just publish fewer, high quality books and stop all this re-boot, cancel this title, start this new title, cancel it 6 months later, fire this writer/artist, higher this movie director to write 12 issues then cancel the series...... 893frustrated.gif

I love a lot of the Marvel characters, and I really like a lot of the talent that's currently out there. It's just getting to frustrating trying to follow favorite characters and writer/artists with all the changes constantly taking place.

Marvel's starting to pull some of the same [!@#%^&^] that motivated me to walk away from comics for 10 years when they published 5 different covers for X-Men #1. foreheadslap.gif

Hell, I'm done with it. No more modern Marvel #1's--they LOSE my sale for this @%*$!. I'm sticking with the mainstay comics I've always read--Daredevil and Spider-Man (yeah, I know they've been the victims of re-launch too, but they're staying steady, it seems, and I like those books.)

This is why I spend most of my money on DC books. The new Swamp Thing is an example of an appropriate relaunch - an old character that is still viable, but hasn't had a series in awhile.

Why should I bother to invest my time and cash on titles when Marvel will screw with them just to manufacture another #1?

At least this isn't another Spider-Man or X-book...