• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screw the resto, I want this book...

16 posts in this topic

Hmmm. All I can read is color touch, pieces added, and tear seals. As long as it's not trimmed, it'd be cool with me. I wonder what it was before the resto. I'm guessing his reserve is gonna be out of my league anyway, but I can still dream...

I've been watching that too as it is one of my fav covers also. The problem is I can't read the label, can you tell what the last 2 things are under the restoration?

Brian

You can get a better view of the book here.

http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=808&Lot_No=5735&src=pr&sid=572C893350716CBD9132B470E081DD94

One of the things I love most about this hobby is how intrepid dealers rescue books from Heritage auctions and then list them on EBay with the exhorbitant reserves they so rightly deserve. It kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and I'd collect books and trade them with friends and...well, no I guess it's not quite like that. Anyway, I guess this is why God created GP Analysis....

Yeah, I think I'll just wait for the next low grade copy to come along. According to GPA, a SP4.0 sold for $2530 and a blue label 4.0 went for $4772 just last November. Either of those work better for me than a 10K book with resto.

Still makes me drool though...

nice book, did you see all the capital city comics they are pawning off as weird store inventory "found" recently?

Better to put your 10K towards Airbus stock for when they merge with Boeing...

then buy your tech 27 with the profits, but DON'T buy it on the EAST COAST!