• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Family 1962

35 posts in this topic

Hey! That was fun! I have complete runs except for maybe Superboy. Somehow I neglected to list which ones I have. When I played the guessing game, I guessed incorrectly that I was missing 3 Jimmy Olsen and 2 Lois Lanes.

Bad news :o

You missed 2 ...Jimmy Olsen 65 and Lois Lane 34. If you're really missing them, PM me and I'll ship my copies to you. Wouldn't want to see you wait another 25 years. :D

Congratulations, Danny. I know you have been looking for the Adventure #297 a long time. It may have taken you 25 years for this box run but I wonder if the majority of these particular issues were acquired over just the last ten years perhaps as upgrades? I'm sure that your clear focus has helped you achieve your collecting goals whereas some of us have such huge aspirations that we dart around in so many directions, never completing any part!

My favorite covers from each title are Action #285, Adventure #300, Jimmu Olsen #62, Lois Lane #37, Superboy #96, Superman #156 and World's Finest #126.

Overall the box price covers have a great set of strong covers!

Hey! That was fun! I have complete runs except for maybe Superboy. Somehow I neglected to list which ones I have. When I played the guessing game, I guessed incorrectly that I was missing 3 Jimmy Olsen and 2 Lois Lanes.

Bad news :o

You missed 2 ...Jimmy Olsen 65 and Lois Lane 34. If you're really missing them, PM me and I'll ship my copies to you. Wouldn't want to see you wait another 25 years. :D

Just missed em in Photobucket, nice catch!

th_jo65.jpg

th_ll34cgc.jpg

How close are you on your Superboy run? I need two Lois Lanes and 1 Superboy, Jimmy was the first set I completed.

Congratulations, Danny. I know you have been looking for the Adventure #297 a long time. It may have taken you 25 years for this box run but I wonder if the majority of these particular issues were acquired over just the last ten years perhaps as upgrades? I'm sure that your clear focus has helped you achieve your collecting goals whereas some of us have such huge aspirations that we dart around in so many directions, never completing any part!

My favorite covers from each title are Action #285, Adventure #300, Jimmu Olsen #62, Lois Lane #37, Superboy #96, Superman #156 and World's Finest #126.

Overall the box price covers have a great set of strong covers!

Last 10 years? Probably half or better. I dont think many of these have been upgrades, if any. Although there are a couple I would like to in the Superman and Jimmy Olsen run.

I just meant the 12 cent in square issues. Wish I had all those earlier issues, you lucky devil. I've calculated that it will take me another 25 years to get to your level. Wish I had even one of the #1s of any of those series. My earliest Superman is #5 and Action #15. Thanks again for posting all those scans of some terrific series....you lucky dog, you!!! :headbang::golfclap: (thumbs u

Here is Action:

th_act283.jpgth_act284.jpgth_act285.jpgth_act286.jpgth_act287.jpg

th_act288.jpgth_act289.jpgth_act290.jpgth_act291.jpgth_act292.jpg

th_act293.jpgth_act294.jpgth_act295.jpg

Thanks for sharing pictures of your family reunion! It must be a heck of a lot of fun to be able to see these all in person and being able to read the stories! :cloud9:

Here is Action:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your family reunion! It must be a heck of a lot of fun to be able to see these all in person and being able to read the stories! :cloud9:

I have actually had more than a couple board members over to look at books, they could tell you I love to bring them out. I think sharing the hobby with fellow collectors is one of the funnest parts of the hobby. Offer is open to you anytime Adam!

Here is Action:

I have actually had more than a couple board members over to look at books, they could tell you I love to bring them out. I think sharing the hobby with fellow collectors is one of the funnest parts of the hobby. Offer is open to you anytime Adam!

I may take you up on that. comick1 told me how much he enjoyed seeing your collection and talking with you.

Here is Action:

I may take you up on that. comick1 told me how much he enjoyed seeing your collection and talking with you.

I would love to see Silver's collection. On my must do list. Same for your collection, adamstrange! Hope it all happens at some stage.

I just bought a book that completes a longtime quest for me, every "box 12" issue of all seven Superman family books. For whatever reason, Adventure 297 became the last to acquire. A cover I really like with a great Lana Lang cover.

1962 is my birth year, and I really like these issues as they kind of stand out. I started this project about 25 years ago!

Great stuff! What I find particularly impressive is the overall quality of any book on which I click. You also seem to select against books with any irritating white strip on the left edge, something which I try to do as well.

:applause:

Interesting collecting theme! Congrats! :applause:

Oh, I have complete 1959, 60, 61, 62 ... :devil:

At my present rate I'm going to need to keep collecting another 32 years to match what you've put together.

(thumbs u