• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy ....

14 posts in this topic

If it was a book I wanted as a keeper, I don't see why I would not want it.

It will turn a lot of people off, but it really depends on the book.

Do you guys never get books signed to your name ?... Or do you just get stuff signed for profit ?..

I prefer to get books signed without my name attached. Personally, I'm the same way with the year as some artists put the year near their sig; just not appealing to me. Do I sell SS books? Yes. Do I prefer to get them signed unpersonalized? Yes. Are books easier to sell when they're not personalized? Yes. Is that why I do it? No. It's just a matter of personal preference.

I won't turn an artist down who prefers to personalize their work. Chris Samnee, Tony Moore, and Jim Lee come to mind. However, if given the option, I won't have it personalized. There are some exceptions, though. If I feel the piece is a gift or there is some personal connection with the creator, I'll request to have my name put on something. As a big TMNT fan, Michael Dooney asked if he should put my name on this and I gave him an emphatic "yes". This is the exception to the rule...for me, anyway.

DooneyMichael-RockwellPrint.jpg