• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alter Ego #98

11 posts in this topic

Just wanted to put this out there to anyone interested in comic history - check out Alter Ego #98!

I've been trying to get Roy Thomas to publish my stuff for a while (I think I sent him a stack of articles about 4 years ago). Up until today, the only thing of mine he had published was the art reconstruction I did (with the help of some CGC board members) of the original Keaton/Siegel drawings.

Alter Ego #98 was going to be a bit upsetting for me, since Roy decided to publish an interview with Alvin Schwartz recently conducted by Jim Amash (I had written up my own interview years ago). But much to my surprise, one of my articles, random emails I had sent Roy, and some image requests all show up in this issue :o

- Pictures and a quote in "Whitney Ellsworth & the Rise of National/DC Comics"

- Pictures and quotes from my website in "Superman vs. Atom Man"

- Pictures in "Alvin Schwartz on His Long Career in Comic Books"

- and if you're still not sick of me, I've got an article at the end "The Year DC Abandoned Superman - as Captain Marvel Looked On!"

I'm still reading through it, but it seems like a great issue for comic fans to pick up :)

I always get AE so I'll look for your contributions. :thumbsup:

I want to say that it's not unusual for Roy to keep some material back until he finds the right fit for it in the mag and then forget to let you know it's coming out lol

I learn something new every time I read AE and want to thank you in advance for what I'll discover in your pieces :D

I want to say that it's not unusual for Roy to keep some material back until he finds the right fit for it in the mag and then forget to let you know it's coming out lol

Yeah, for some of my stuff he kept the material back, and then lost it...

But for the facts I had clarified through email, I think I might have written it more eloquently had I known it'd see print :)

Not sure if I'm understanding why you're upset.

Are you upset because he did not credit you for your article, or because he used someone else's interview?

Oh, sorry - I was first upset that he chose someone else's interview, but then I found he put tons of my stuff in this issue anyways. So now I'm happy :)