• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC goes Digital!!!!

10 posts in this topic

I did search but didn't find a topic on this yet.

Finally, DC goes digital

https://read.dccomics.com/comixology/#/dc_comics

Archie Digital can be found here:

http://archiedigital.com/

Marvel Digital comics

http://marvel.com/digital_comics

As comic collectors we should be supporting these company's efforts to bring us digital media over illegal downloading. I am excited to see DC going digital and hope that it is a success.

As comic collectors we should be supporting these company's efforts to bring us digital media over illegal downloading. I am excited to see DC going digital and hope that it is a success.

It's an effort to be applauded. But... The price structure seems very aggressive. $1.99, $2.99, $3.99? Seriously?

Digital versions should be cheap and inviting to expand DC's readership. A complete story arc for a $2, or 5 issues for $1. Otherwise you might as well buy collected hard cover volumes, have something to show for the money. (shrug)

$1.99 for a digital comic is nuts. It's not a price point that is going to get people to experiment or leave paper. With DCBS I pay $1.79 for a $2.99 comic and have something tangible with **some** resale value.

Price them at 25 cents an issue and I'll go wild trying out new titles.

$1.99 for a digital comic is nuts. It's not a price point that is going to get people to experiment or leave paper. With DCBS I pay $1.79 for a $2.99 comic and have something tangible with **some** resale value.

Price them at 25 cents an issue and I'll go wild trying out new titles.

I like the idea of the digital comic stores, but when I dropped a few hundred plus on a book, I shouldn't have to pay $2.99 just to read it. If you own the book I don't think its illegal to download that book and that book only. If DC offered a single price to stream read whatever I wanted that month like Netflix, I would be all over it!! They also need to work on getting the comics available on more devices (Android)

Price point is in line with Apple Itunes.

For a magazine not a song. Comics should follow the single

Song / album rates.

.99 or 1.29 for a comic. 9.99 for a subscription or a year's worth.

The prices need to reflect not having to print/ship books. That is crazy and I'd rather pay cover for a real book than a digital copy. Were it a reasonable flat rate (i.e.: membership fee, club fee, whatever you like to call it), I'd be even more inclined if you could check out multiple titles.

DC is shooting themselves in the foot by not trying to hook new readership.