• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another modern speculation thread....

271 posts in this topic

Really these type of arguments lately have made it not fun to be here,can't we just talk about comics? (shrug)

Here's the key to these types of interactions, Oak....you have to laugh. If you're not having fun, there's really no point. If you can squeeze a few laughs out of it, you're doing well. I just wish I was a funnier man. That would be fun.

Touche!

Really these type of arguments lately have made it not fun to be here,can't we just talk about comics? (shrug)

Here's the key to these types of interactions, Oak....you have to laugh. If you're not having fun, there's really no point. If you can squeeze a few laughs out of it, you're doing well. I just wish I was a funnier man. That would be fun.

A lot of people aren't laughing at the amount of copies of 27 that actually DID show up in stores today... lol

Oh wait a minute, I DID just laugh...

Hey, I got a PM from COMICKINGS, too! It's titled "Hey *spoon* head." I feel included. :cloud9:

Good thing there's an ignore function. I mean, too much inclusion could be bad for my heart.

This guy just doesn't seem to want to be part of this board..... hm

I have two picks this week:

27 (Image Comics)

Lady Mechanika (Aspen Comics)

I bought both, I liked both.

Hope you bought them for cover. The hype on this book looks to have been created to help sell it. Plenty of copies out there for people who want them, but beware of eBay. The shilling is sick...

35592_156173144428946_100001087832702_295689_7681856_n.jpg [/img]

Hey, I got a PM from COMICKINGS, too! It's titled "Hey *spoon* head." I feel included. :cloud9:

Good thing there's an ignore function. I mean, too much inclusion could be bad for my heart.

This guy just doesn't seem to want to be part of this board..... hm

You are such a tease....

:popcorn:

27 (Image Comics)

I bought both, I liked both.

I missed out on 27. I should have one on hold in my pull. I didn't hear back with a "sorry, you missed out" e-mail. I looked at Lady Mechanika and it felt too Witchblade meets Madame Mirage to me. So I passed. Tons of copies on the shelf though. So, it should still be available if there's a sudden demand. The art looks good all the way around though. There's nothing super interesting coming out next week.

27 (Image Comics)

I liked both, but I enjoyed Mechanika for a different type of reason. I really like the odd art. Its like nothing I have seen for awhile. Its not really the type of art I typically enjoy, but I couldnt stop admiring it as I read the book

Pirate says Larry sucks.

RMA and the blob hate each other.

Speculating is good.

Speculating is bad.

The 90's sucked.

I think I've covered it all. Let's lock this puppy!

lock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.giflock.gif

AHH WE HAVE HERE A PERSON SOME WHAT SMART I SEE :P

luv, salesxtremevoip

Just didn't want the best post ever, responding to a pretty excellent post, to get buried.

As the last one got locked I guess. Really, we must not be offering up folks' home addresses, not nice.

Anywayz...I waddled over to the comic shop first thing this morning and grabbed me my

...all 4 the shop had. Some guy had come in right behind me, and despite being in his 50's was whining to one of the shop employees about missing out on the 27s (seeing as I had them all in my fat bear paws), so, without hesitation I handed him one of my copies. I think he might have said thank you, but I'm not sure. Anyway, karma's a bit&ch and as I ask the guys at the shop for favors now and then I didn't want him aggravating them more, I decided it was worth foregoing some additional profits. The cashier appreciated me not being a douch*e on this. Sure, maybe I'm a douch*e for grabbing more than one copy in the first place, but whatever, it's frigging cold out there and I feel I should be rewarded for braving the cold and taking a walk!

So, as I waddled back to the office I had visions of $25 or $35 BINs dancing in my head like sugar plums on christmas eve...alas it looks like these are going to fall more in the $15-$20 range, so after I give free shipping and ebay/paypal their 15% I guess we're looking at maybe a $6-$7 windfall on each. We'll see.

27s ending between $5 and $15 on Ebay now even with free shipping, looks like LADY MECHANIKA incentive cover was a better bet. hm