• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another modern speculation thread....

271 posts in this topic

I think Larry is gone....he's only had one post since his vacay, and that was to announce another speculation site....

hm

Oh be honest, you like going back and forth with him. I think you miss him already. (tsk)

Nah.

I just like this artform too much to see people willfully destroying it by treating it like it's their very own Franklin Mint.

:cloud9:

+1

I just like this artform too much to see people willfully destroying it by treating it like it's their very own Franklin Mint.

pot calling kettle....

Hey, Joey! We were just talking about you....

(your comment makes no sense, however, since I don't speculate on new books, and haven't since...mmmmm....about 1993. (thumbs u )

pot calling kettle....

-1, do one Larry lover

Look. Don't turn yet another thread into some kind of bickerfest. I don't mind retailers coming on here, mentioning books. It's not set in stone I have go out to buy them. I didn't go out and buy any Skull Kickers #1's or 27 #1's to read or sell.

...and yes, you have a right to voice your opinions on a book mentioned. But, all parties must in turn respect the fact we are talking about the funnybooks and not about one another from now on.

What good is a chat board to support a waning hobby, if we hate each other? (shrug)

I think Larry is gone....he's only had one post since his vacay, and that was to announce another speculation site....

hm

It'll last until he's banned everyone for offering differing views, no matter how benignly stated. lol

Well...

Considering how these other threads have gone, he's got at least TWO toadi, er, fans.

;)

Honestly, I enjoyed the threads. They sparked discussion of a lot of new books, not only vis a vis speculation, but also what was worthwhile to read. I also didn't care about the speculation aspect - let capitalism and market forces go their way.

What seemed silly was the idea that any disagreement wasn't tolerated. (shrug)

Looking at the following Archie simply from the political stand point:

Archie 616 hm

Seriously where can I pick this up? my lcs doesn`t sell new Archie comics and I have no idea what newstands or stores that do. hm

Chapters or Indigo. Maybe Wal-Mart - some have large comic selections.

hm

It'll last until he's banned everyone for offering differing views, no matter how benignly stated. lol

Well...

Considering how these other threads have gone, he's got at least TWO toadi, er, fans.

;)

Honestly, I enjoyed the threads. They sparked discussion of a lot of new books, not only vis a vis speculation, but also what was worthwhile to read. I also didn't care about the speculation aspect - let capitalism and market forces go their way.

What seemed silly was the idea that any disagreement wasn't tolerated. (shrug)

To each his own has always been my motto, especially on chat boards. No one, on any message board, can decide what is tolerable for anybody but themselves, with the exception of the mods and admins.

Everybody who is a member in good standing can post whatever they like, so long as it's within the rules established by CGC...this includes voicing dissenting opinions.

There are two very fundamental problems with Larry's "speculating on comic books that haven't even come out yet" philosophy:

1. It tends to manipulate the market in ways that aren't helpful, and can be very detrimental, to the industry and to individuals. This is NOT speculation, this is documentable, and has been documented, numerous times.

2. Larry isn't exactly being straightforward about how he is able to do what he does, vis a vis the fact that he's a store owner, and has several outlets and venues by which he can sell/offload/dump anything he needs to which ordinary people interested in speculating do not have access to.

The things that Larry says have been outlawed in the futures and commodities markets, for precisely the reasons I stated above. I should be considered, in this context, as the disclaimer, you know "past performance does not guarantee future results", etc.

:)

The things that Larry says have been outlawed in the futures and commodities markets, for precisely the reasons I stated above. I should be considered, in this context, as the disclaimer, you know "past performance does not guarantee future results", etc.

:)

lol

I'd prefer 'all that glitters is not gold' in this case. There really aren't that many books worth speculating on.

let me ask you guys what is the longest you have ever had to wait for books back from cgc ?..

pot calling kettle....

-1, do one Larry lover

Look. Don't turn yet another thread into some kind of bickerfest. I don't mind retailers coming on here, mentioning books. It's not set in stone I have go out to buy them. I didn't go out and buy any Skull Kickers #1's or 27 #1's to read or sell.

...and yes, you have a right to voice your opinions on a book mentioned. But, all parties must in turn respect the fact we are talking about the funnybooks and not about one another from now on.

What good is a chat board to support a waning hobby, if we hate each other? (shrug)

+10000 :golfclap:

Looking at the following Archie simply from the political stand point:

Archie 616 hm

a616.650.jpg

Seriously where can I pick this up? my lcs doesn`t sell new Archie comics and I have no idea what newstands or stores that do. hm

I'd imagine you could order it on mycomicshop.com.