• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst sig placement I've seen.

55 posts in this topic

Signature Series still baffles me. He has an unrestored FF1 in a 7.0 with sharpie in the middle of it.

I agree... if you want someones signature, use a photograph, or better yet use a napkin. I don't see how defacing a comic book with marker scribble is worth it. 99% of all SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator.

Somebody had the worst sig placement for sale here a few years back - it was an ASM with big pile of Stan shiiite under his butt....., Anybody save a copy of that?

Signature Series still baffles me. He has an unrestored FF1 in a 7.0 with sharpie in the middle of it.

I agree... if you want someones signature, use a photograph, or better yet use a napkin. I don't see how defacing a comic book with marker scribble is worth it. 99% of all SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator.

Speak for yourself buddy. :sumo:

Agreed +1. I don't get books signed for profit. I get the book signed because I loved what's in the book and I loved the creator's work in it.

Agreed +1. I don't get books signed for profit. I get the book signed because I loved what's in the book and I loved the creator's work in it.

+1

99% of all SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator.

I nominate this for "Blowing Dumbass Comments Out The Buttocks" Statement of the Week.

I realize that there is stiff competition for such an award, but this stab at statistical relevancy has quite the underdog, heartwarming story that begs win.

I nominate this for "Blowing Dumbass Comments Out The Buttocks" Statement of the Week.

I realize that there is stiff competition for such an award, but this stab at statistical relevancy has quite the underdog, heartwarming story that begs win.

^^

^^
+1

This signature placement isn't so bad. Coulda been better though.

I think it is time for us to say out loud, that Stan Lee signing on so many crotches and faces is NOT accidental. It is also not the fault of bad preparation, although good preparation could nip the potential problem in the bud.

It is a message from him to us.

I have my thoughts on what that message is, but I will leave it open to intepretation of the far more wise than I crowd. (hint: IMO, it has something to do with one of his fingers)

:acclaim: Yeeee.. my first board award. And I gladly accept. I'd like to thank everyone for the nominations. This award has a special place in my heart. It means so very much to me and I will cherish it forever and ever and ever...

On a side note - I will personally be signing this $100 award and placing it up on Ebay soon for $1,000 OBO.

.99% of all SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator.

I wish I could make some profit on selling my books :sorry: I guess you have never seen one of my sales threads..oh and this comment is ridiculous :makepoint:

I wish I could make some profit on selling my books :sorry: I guess you have never seen one of my sales threads..oh and this comment is ridiculous :makepoint:

You're all very right. I agree it is. And I shall fix it.

"99% of all Stan Lee SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator"

You're all very right. I agree it is. And I shall fix it.

"99% of all Stan Lee SS books are done for profit... not for love of creator"

That is wrong, too. But I do believe this. More Stan Lee books are done purely for profit than any other creator, and probably more than the next five most prolific signers combined.

I am all for hyperbole, but let's keep it within the realm of reasonableness. As a matter of fact, the last time I did Stan Lee books, I specifically did a couple "extras" to sell to offset the cost.

But that doesn't discount the 12-15 Stans that I have in my collection that I got because he was one one of, if not the, greatest contributor to comics from the Silver Age on. :cloud9: