• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHILL!

51 posts in this topic

Done! For anyone else who wants to report it:

3392926323, 3392926916, 2231828295

thelatinsensation

lui-yi

Take a look at the bidder's ("lui-yi") feedback profile, bidding hisory & location (Canada, same as the seller). Highly suspicious, please investigate!!! Thanks!

They need to suspend that seller anyway. I absolutely hate it when people type out their auctions in all caps. sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Sometimes, you just have to let market forces work. Someone who writes in one big jumble in all caps like that discourages people from reading their listing (and therefore presumably lessens their chances of economic success), so they're cutting their own throat in the end. No need to have Big Brother play an overly active regulatory role.

I got this reply from him at about 4:30 pm EST in response to a polite email I sent him....

>From: mrsilverage

>To: latinsensation1@hotmail.com

>Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2231828295

>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:27:10 PST

>

>Why are you shilling your own auction?

>--------------------

>

>

>Question from:           mrsilverage

>Title of item:           FLASH 175 CGC 9.4 HIGHEST GRADE TOUGH BLACK COVER

>Seller:                  thelatinsensation

>Starts:                  Mar-11-04 20:52:37 PST

>Ends:                    Mar-21-04 20:52:37 PST

>Price:                   Currently $1,009.00

>To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2231828295

>

Date: March 16, 2004 4:34:51 PM EST

To: mrsilverage

Subject: RE: Question for seller -- Item #2231828295

SHILLING MY OWN AUCTION??????

IM NOT DOING SUCH A THING, HOW COULD I? YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BID ON YOUR OWN ITEMS AND EVEN IF I HAD MORE THAN ONE ID I STILL WOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO IT BECAUSE EBAY CHECKS IF ALL IDS BELONG TO THE SAME HOUSEHOLD OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS

YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT THIS IS THE HIGHEST GRADE AND PEOPLE WILL PAY PREMIUMS FOR THIS GREAT COMIC

SO PLEASE DONT ACCUSE ME OF SUCH A THING, THANK YOU AND YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY

I didn't even bother with a reply. insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

893censored-thumb.gif

EVEN IF I HAD MORE THAN ONE ID I STILL WOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO IT BECAUSE EBAY CHECKS IF ALL IDS BELONG TO THE SAME HOUSEHOLD OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS

Yep, and the tooth fairy will leave a 9.8 Blue Label Amazing Fantasy #15 under your pillow if you leave a tooth under there at night. 27_laughing.gif

I really believe that this is the best way for eBay to become a better place for buyers and sellers alike. A seller like this fellow really sours things for buyers once he's found out and when members of the ebay community (self included) step to the plate and request action, eBay's trust and safety department will respond. I certainly wouldn't expect eBay to police everything for us, but I do believe that it's a case of "if enough dog's bark, there's gotta be a rabbit in the woodpile". I don't believe in market correction here, because this is a case that goes beyond simple economics here. It's more a question of ethics and conduct and that needs to be addressed with administrative methods. 893blahblah.gif

Got an e-mail from The Sensation last night....

Date: March 16, 2004 11:21:30 PM EST

To: mrsilverage

Subject: RE: Question for seller -- Item #2231828295

DID YOU REPORT ME TO EBAY SAYING THAT I WAS SHILL BIDDING????????

BECAUSE NOW IM SUSPENDED BY THEM SAYING THAT I WAS SHILL BIDDING BY THE ID OF "LUI-YI"

IVE NOTICED HES FROM CANADA AS WELL, WHAT THE HELL, ONLY BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY IS FROM CANADA THAT MEANS HES SHILL BIDDING FOR ME, SO IF I WAS AS IGNORANT AS YOU THEN I COULD SAY THAT ANY PERSON FROM THE STATES THAT WAS BIDDING ON YOUR AUCTIONS WOULD ALSO BE SHILL BIDDING, WHAT A LOT OF [!@#%^&^]

IM GOING TO GET REINSTATED AND I WILL BLOCK YOU FROM EVER BIDDING ON MY AUCTIONS AGAIN, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WITH YOUR FEEDBACK OF 10, IM TRYING TO SELL THIS COMIC IN AN HONEST WAY

Again, didn't bother with a reply. Not worth the time.

Funny thing is.....I didn't report him! I just asked him that one question. And then he goes insulting my hard-earned double digit feedback total on my mrsilverage account. No respect!

But now, once he is exonerated, I will be forever blocked from bidding on his auctions. Don't anyone ever say that our work here comes without severe sacrifice! If I'd known he was going to block me, I never would have contacted him....

uh....right. 27_laughing.gif

I finally decided to send him this reply....and a link to this thread. Hope he shows up.

Look Dude,

You're a crook.

You mean according to lui-yi's feedback profile, you and he completed 59 STRAIGHT transactions between January of 2002 and February 26 of this year and you just noticed he lives in Canada?

Just for the record, I did not report you. But check out our board. We watch out for dishonest schmucks like you. Gimme a break. You're a joke. If you are going to shill, at least do it better than that.

Check it out, [!@#%^&^].

I think I handled that well, don't you?

I think you handled it superbly. And if our "Latin Sensation" really wants to know, I was one of the ones who "ratted" him out and am not afraid to admit. Just taking out the garbage...

For those who are curious, I operate under "wrcollectibles" on eBay and like many others here I happen to care about the environment I buy and sell in...