• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something else in the slab?

17 posts in this topic

Sure, it might be a quality control issue. Get the book into CGC's hands and I believe they reholder it free of charge.

Unfortunately, you are on the hook for shipping unless you hand it to them at a con.

R.

My Avengers 1 SS Stan Lee from 10/29/10 had pieces,not quiet as big,but similar inside as well.

Actually looked like thin "plastic shavings",and was right over the dark green of Loki,so you can imagine what it looked like.

The book was sent back and re-holdered,and returned within 2 weeks in hand.No problem/no charge,except for me mailing it back to them in a usps priority box..$10.

Fill out a reholder invoice,make note of the problem on the invoice,be specific,and it will get handled. (thumbs u

Did they charge you for shipping it back to you? My asm 122 and hero for hire 1 have similar plastic shavings.

Nope.Not for a "cgc quality control problem"...they fixed THEIR problem,and getting it back to me.

I think thats pretty standard when it's not just a normal "reholder",but something that's wrong coming from them,freshly slabbed.

another slab has a hair stuck inside too
Roy is famous for that on his raw books - the slabs are just trying to catch the fad....,

Ha Ha

I have a CGC book that I bought directly from Steve Borock that has loose paper inside the slab. That is not from the comic in the slab.

You would think that if ANYONE could have had that taken care of easily, it would have been Borock.

Maybe he didn't notice and just looks at the books before they get slabbed. :)

Too much of a hassle to have it taken care of, for me. But it will probably hurt when and if I decide to sell it.

Did they charge you for shipping it back to you? My asm 122 and hero for hire 1 have similar plastic shavings.

Nope.Not for a "cgc quality control problem"...they fixed THEIR problem,and getting it back to me.

I think thats pretty standard when it's not just a normal "reholder",but something that's wrong coming from them,freshly slabbed.

Thats good to know. I've held back on re-holdering those and my tos 39 colan SS signed in 2020, since I thought I'd have to pay the return registered mail shipping.

Thats good to know. I've held back on re-holdering those and my tos 39 colan SS signed in 2020, since I thought I'd have to pay the return registered mail shipping.

hmmmm....time traveler lol

another slab has a hair stuck inside too
Roy is famous for that on his raw books - the slabs are just trying to catch the fad....,

lol

You guys have no idea how difficult it is to have long hair.

:cry:

Just got back some of my relabels. Out of 4 books one still managed to slip by. At least the white whatever it is moved 90 degrees its right on Stan Lee's signature too

Before

ASM89.jpg

After

ASM89stuff.jpg

Guess I will have another relabel for Heroes in Charlotte doh!

Maybe I need to take a big sharpie marker & circle the slab this time

If you cut yourself a "L" shaped piece of mylar, there is often enough give in the side of the slab to slide in the mylar and pull the stray material out. Carefully. (tsk)