• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who drew the most covers...

100 posts in this topic

Not sure if I'm doing the search correctly but from what I see, from 1970 to 1984, John Severin had 72 covers, Marie had 149 covers and D ick Ayers had 107.

Can someone else confirm these numbers?

Man, good call. I could not stand any more corrected!!

Here are a couple more to add to your list. For DC - Bob Oksner did 108 covers. For Marvel - Steve Ditko did 48 covers and Bob Budiansky 72.

Thanks! Updated the master list on page 4 with all 3 artists. I got slightly different numbers but very close to yours. I wouldn't have guessed Ditko did that many 1970+, but he did.

First one popped into my head for Marvel was Terry Austin. hm

First one I thought of was Joe Sinnott.

I thought of Sinnott too but I bet Frank Giacoci has got to be up there.

Nice one - Frank is leading the pack so far:

Frank Giacoia - 717

Joe Sinnott - 517

Terry Austin - 187

Frank Giacoia - 717

Joe Sinnott - 517

Terry Austin - 187

Ok Prodigy, you have been nominated as keeper of the inker lists! (worship)

I would think Stan Goldberg had many covers in the bronze age. However, they are for Archie and not Marvel or DC.

I was wondering about this - in the general sense of Archie covers, not being knowledgeable enough as to who the most prolific illustrators of such would be. Was there a similar go to guy for Harvey as well?

I would think Stan Goldberg had many covers in the bronze age. However, they are for Archie and not Marvel or DC.

I was wondering about this - in the general sense of Archie covers, not being knowledgeable enough as to who the most prolific illustrators of such would be. Was there a similar go to guy for Harvey as well?

Warren Kremer?

A guy named Ray Dirgo did tons and tons of the Charlton cartoon books in the 70s. I bet he was pretty prolific for them.

Warren Kremer?

I think you are correct. Kremer did a cr@p ton of art for Harvey. Possibly Ernie Colon as well. The problem with Harvey covers is that there is never any artist initials or sig on them.

Frank Giacoia - 717

Joe Sinnott - 517

Terry Austin - 187

Dan Adkins? hm

Frank Giacoia - 717

Joe Sinnott - 517

Terry Austin - 187

Dan Adkins? hm

Yep I would think he should be high on the list. Tom Palmer was fairly prolific for Marvel during that time. And Klaus Janson.

Frank Giacoia - 717

Joe Sinnott - 517

Terry Austin - 187

Dan Adkins? hm

Yep I would think he should be high on the list. Tom Palmer was fairly prolific for Marvel during that time. And Klaus Janson.

Tom Palmer. (thumbs u

Then there's Mike Esposito, Ernie Chan (both Marvel and DC), Bob Waicek, and Dave Cockrum.

Edit: doh! Forgot Joe Rubinstein.

For Archie, it's probably Dan DeCarlo.