• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this spider-man #1 (huge scans)

12 posts in this topic

hi, this is my 1st post so plz excuse me if im doing anything wrong, i recently managed to get this and was hoping to get it CGC'd but i really dont wanna do it if its anythign below a 9.2. im really hoping for a 9.4 though, so what r my cances guys? below r the links to the pics, thanks in advanced!!

http://www.interama.co.uk/touvex/spiderman.jpg

http://www.interama.co.uk/touvex/spiderman-back.jpg

ps. the lines on the gray areas r not fromt he comic, they r from my scanner...

Welcome to the Boards!

hi.gif

Is the scan cropped along the top? confused.gif

I'm not experienced with these modern comics but from the 3 strong dings I see on the spine you are out of the 9.X range.

Somewhere around a VF may be the grade.

oh also i dont know y there r yellow bits around the edges but i dont seem them at all, seem to of just appeared during scaning, do u think its maybe some sort of light the scanner uses? and maybe cgc will look it under those lghts or something... ?? confused.gif

Sorry to disappoint ya, but those creases on the spine and discoloration on both spine and right side are gonna definitely keep it below 9.2.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

my current experience is that creases such as these are definitely not good. i've had some really nice silver age books grade well below where i thought they'd be due to non-color-breaking creases.

since this is a modern, i'm gonna guess that 8.5 is about right, but these are all just opinions. good luck and welcome to the boards........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif