• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your heart's GA-desire? If you ...

79 posts in this topic

... ventured into the golden age today with 10-20K to spend. Which books would you go for if your investment frame was 7 years from today ... ?

Personally I think I'd be targeting restored Tecs (whatever my money could get me between #28-33) hm

I'm with Ciorac on this one. IF comics were strickly investments, I would simply be looking for the best tec 29-38 (or early action) I could afford but those aren't what I like to collect. ok I might consider an early action as those tickle my fancy a little.

But what i'd be personally interested in picking up is an unrestored copy of either subby 1, adventure 40, or More fun 52 for that money.

I don't think of what GA I buy in terms of investment. It sucks the fun out of it for me.

+1. No offense to the OP, but that's just not how I approach the hobby. Though, if I had 10K to spend, the first thing I'd do is get a complete Planet run and finish off my Four Color run ... then, I'd move onto Crime Mysteries then to Military / Modern / Blackhawk then to all other Zolnerowicz covers then to ... You get my drift that I would never be done.

A nice stack of wartime Captain America in the fine range with TRUE off white or better PQ (and no cover tanning) can still be found with some breathing room. That's probably where I'd go to invest.......but I'd have to squeeze in a Thun'da # 1 in there somehow, while no one was looking.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

... ventured into the golden age today with 10-20K to spend. Which books would you go for if your investment frame was 7 years from today ... ?

In 7 years, most important GA comics will have passed the 70-year mark for copyright. Add to that the proliferation of digital tablet readers. So I'd be more likely to invest in the early '50s-era stuff than the early '40s stuff. Plus, much of the early '50s stuff is more refined in terms of the art and writing.

(I just pulled the above argument outta my butt. Truth is, the best investment is in comics that you personally like. That way, when you get them out and go through them 7 years from now, you'll have the best chance of saying to yourself, "This is still so cool!")

For investment? High grade postwar superhero, with strong emphasis on Nedor, Timely, and MLJ, and fill in with DC and Fawcett if the deal is good enough

For love? Superman 1, 2, 17.

Got MOST of 2 and 17, and my #1 is a reprint and likely to remain so...barring a fat winning Lotto ticket, lol

I have made a lot of mistakes in my collecting but always willing to give advice. I think those early Action and All-American 16-25 still have room to grow. I would hold on to them and fill up with extra Marvel Mysteries and Capt. America's in high grade (USA and All Select too).

If I were buying to collect, then I would still get the All American but would add Batman 2-11. Forget the Marvel Mysteries but pick up some Capt. Americas. Buy those middle grade World's Fair issues and every early Mystery in Space and Strange Adventure issue. Oh, and complete my Walt Disney Comics and Stories collection 1-150. Ducks are fun and relatively cheap compared to buying Timely.

I'm not into comics for investments either, but I'd definitely go for either 'Tec 29 or 31, or Batman 1 in either low grade or restored. Those are my three "dream" books.

I don't think of what GA I buy in terms of investment. It sucks the fun out of it for me.

+1. No offense to the OP, but that's just not how I approach the hobby. Though, if I had 10K to spend, the first thing I'd do is get a complete Planet run and finish off my Four Color run ... then, I'd move onto Crime Mysteries then to Military / Modern / Blackhawk then to all other Zolnerowicz covers then to ... You get my drift that I would never be done.

Yup. Stock market = investment. Comics = fun. But if I had 10-20k, I'd elbow Scrooge aside and get the nice Planets, making him settle for my cast-offs. And to make it up to him, I'd offer crazy money for his Fight 31.

I don't think of what GA I buy in terms of investment.

The reason Golden Age stuff is such a good investment is because they are cooler than money. :idea: