• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aaaaaannnnddd....UP THEY GO!!!

25 posts in this topic

Lots more 7.0 to 8.0 books than he had in his Spidey run. I was particularly hoping for a 9.0 or better #13! The 9.4 copy of #10 impresses me more than the #16, that's the first #10 I've seen that high on the open market.

Snob! makepoint.gif We need a midgrade forum!! tongue.gif I'd be happy with the 8 or 9. 7.5 or 8.0 are fine by me!

Lots more 7.0 to 8.0 books than he had in his Spidey run. I was particularly hoping for a 9.0 or better #13! The 9.4 copy of #10 impresses me more than the #16, that's the first #10 I've seen that high on the open market.

I am hoping it is just the pics but I noticed that too. It looks like several of them have like a tan line on the right hand side or something. Did not even see the date stamp on the 12 until I reAD Jamie's post and looked for it - thanks CGC for taking away such notes from the LABEL! I guess they will put up the rest of the run later as I know from prior talks with them that they have issue 1 up.

A lot of nice books...

The lustre/eye appeal issue, however, is legitimate. The books do look a little faded next to other HG copies I've seen of the same issues. Even the #16 looks washed out to me, which is hard to do with the colors on that cover.

It will be interesting to see what these will reach. I am interested in the #10 but doubt I can afford it right now.

Looking forward to seeing more FF's from Eide's in the near future!

Dan

The lustre/eye appeal issue, however, is legitimate. The books do look a little faded next to other HG copies I've seen of the same issues. Even the #16 looks washed out to me, which is hard to do with the colors on that cover.

As been stated before, the books look pretty much the same in person. I bought one high-grade spidey (now sold) that looked dingy and lacked lustre. In person it looked the same.

Of course, they are still structurally nice.

The lustre/eye appeal issue, however, is legitimate. The books do look a little faded next to other HG copies I've seen of the same issues.

That seems like a legitimate issue to me. I wonder, too. I can't believe that CGC does not factor "eye appeal" into the grades , but....

Also, they seemeed to have picked and chosen what FF's to give back cover scans for. hmmmm I have requested back cover scans for both the 8 and 9. I'll tell ya if (1) I get them and (2) If they look as "faded" as some or all of the front covers.

The lustre/eye appeal issue, however, is legitimate. The books do look a little faded next to other HG copies I've seen of the same issues.

That seems like a legitimate issue to me. I wonder, too. I can't believe that CGC does not factor "eye appeal" into the grades , but....

Also, they seemeed to have picked and chosen what FF's to give back cover scans for. hmmmm I have requested back cover scans for both the 8 and 9. I'll tell ya if (1) I get them and (2) If they look as "faded" as some or all of the front covers.

i like the fact that you guys look at each issue carefully and really seem to subscribe to the "buy-the-book, don't-buy-the-number" theory...............

and i tend to personally agree that grading a book solely on structure without taking into account overall beauty, seems somehow lacking.

from what i've seen so far, i'm hoping my 21FF's(all #34 and below) down in Sarasota match up with this lovely run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

i'm a bit surprised that the seller listed them now, although i guess it's a toss-up as to whether the Crash will occur before the real movie-hype begins. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geez, I just don't like those Eides books....what the heck happened to make them lose all their lustre? The # 19 looks especially ghastly.

James, do you want me to enter a thrill bid on the # 10? grin.gif

Eide's scans have always looked faded out...even the CGC label looks faded. They need to boost the brightness and/or contrast on their scanning software.

Have at the #10! I'm totally happy with my current copy...it's solidly at the top of my list of books I'd resubmit if I were to ever start selling. Plus both the QP and the PQ are absolutely perfect. cloud9.gif

They already replied to me and told me back cover scans are going to be up by 7pm. Why for everybody? devil.gif I just hope the back covers look as good. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No way is that BATMAN #43 a 4.5 .

I've got one that graded 4.0 thats way better then that one.

Her's something strange. I have a BATMAN #62 that has the same date stamp in almost the same exact spot. I wonder were they got thier issue.

The others I have no comment about.

I just went to Eides today and I want to let all of you know that the eye appeal of the books in not as bad as the scans make it out to be. They are really nice books and worth buying.

Eric