• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my X-Men 14

35 posts in this topic

FN- 5.5

I'd send it back unless you got a really good deal on it!

From SNE 27_laughing.gif

Yeah... SNE isn't known for getting lowballed on their auctions.

That said, I did pay a bit above Fine pricing for this one. It wasn't a horrible deal, but I also wouldn't have paid what I did for a fine... not from anyone. It will be going back.

i came up with 6.0 - 6.5 as i added up the defects. after looking at the back cover, i'm sticking with 6.0. SNE should do a better job than that. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yup. 6.0-6.5. You got rooked. Send it back or ask for a discount.

Closer to a 6.5, but even closer to a 6.0.

Nice book BTW thumbsup2.gif

I'd say FN/FN+ also...

In my experience, SNE is okay for raw books around FN or lower... above FN, they get greedy, overgrade somewhat, and count on buyer apathy to make them money even given the % of returns they must get for some of their "high grade" books.

And yes, they generally seem to get 70% of guide or more on raw books - why, I have no idea. Must be legacy rep from a time when they graded more strictly.

Oh, and their shipping policy is wacked too - $9 for a raw book? C'mon !

Post a scan so that we can check it out.

Definitely 6.5-7.0 I have a Strange Tales that looks worse than that which is graded at 6.5.

Don't have a scanner, but if I remember I will take a digital pic of it tonight.

I'd say FN/FN+ also...

In my experience, SNE is okay for raw books around FN or lower... above FN, they get greedy, overgrade somewhat, and count on buyer apathy to make them money even given the % of returns they must get for some of their "high grade" books.

And yes, they generally seem to get 70% of guide or more on raw books - why, I have no idea. Must be legacy rep from a time when they graded more strictly.

Oh, and their shipping policy is wacked too - $9 for a raw book? C'mon !

but garth, when they ship in bulk via UPS( i've gotten 200 books for $50) - they're not too bad. gotta run - the wife just pulled up the driveway shocked.gif

Nice book but I can't see an 8.0 out of it. The ULC looks pretty rough and abraded and the top margin has been thumbed a bit. Small color breaking crease in the URC and I'm assuming that's a hard crease just below the month and issue # box. A few small but color breaking transversals along the spine and it looks like the staples have shifted a little bit. I would agree with a 7.0.

WR: did you see the hard 1 1/2 inch long crease near the right edge in the big thing's hand? That takes it out of 7.0 IMO. It would be a 7.0 or MAYBE a 7.5 without that big crease.

Nice book but I can't see an 8.0 out of it. The ULC looks pretty rough and abraded and the top margin has been thumbed a bit. Small color breaking crease in the URC and I'm assuming that's a hard crease just below the month and issue # box. A few small but color breaking transversals along the spine and it looks like the staples have shifted a little bit. I would agree with a 7.0.

Ok it's a long vertical crease in the left hand of the sentinel... yes I see it now that you point it out. I didn't notice it the first time. That being said I revise my grading to 6.0